Eurotunnel and Tesco Rewards

Petra

I know that many of you have used rewards before for Eurotunnel and just wondered whether if you use the rewards vouchers you can get any further discounts for being a member of clubs etc. We've normally booked our ferries through Caravan Club but obviously cant do that when using Rewards vouchers.

Petra - 2010-12-08 11:02 AM

I know that many of you have used rewards before for Eurotunnel and just wondered whether if you use the rewards vouchers you can get any further discounts for being a member of clubs etc. We've normally booked our ferries through Caravan Club but obviously cant do that when using Rewards vouchers.

I think the answer has to be no. When you book the Tunnel via the CC I am not sure they offer massive discounts anyway. We have used the Tunnel thanks to Tesco for several years now and its proved to be an excellent scheme. Afterall I do have to have a credit card which I pay off each month so the crossings seem to be free to me! Not sure you can get a better discount than that!

David

Booked with Carefree (C&CC) last week for Eurotunnel in January. Cost £64 compared to list price of £72. Still waiting for Tesco vouchers to arrive - Tesco Rewards quote- "Definitely first few days in December" (or find those I put in a safe place) or I would have used them but could not wait longer. We will use them to book the return journey- if / when they do arrive. You cannot use Tesco vouchers to pay for bookings with either CC or C&CC.

Bob

Tesco vouchers, as far as I'm aware, can only be used on their own as you actually have to book the crossing direct (by phone) with Eurotunnel, not via a third party.

Before 6 December 2010, the cheapest Eurotunnel crossings we were able to booked for our motorhome was £66 each way, total of £132 but in vouchers only cost us £32.50 + £2 on the credit card (at the time you could only exchange the Tesco vouchers in multiples of £2.50). We then had to pay for the dogs @ £30 each return, again paid for by credit card (you can't use vouchers for this).

Now, although there are still the cheap £66 each way crossing prices with Eurotunnel, because the value of the vouchers has reduced a crossing costing £132 normally would now mean we have to use £45.00 in Tesco vouchers - it actually adds up to £44.00 but you can only exchange Tesco vouchers in multiples of £5.00 now so that's a 'sneaky' change they didn't mention! >:-(

Archived