Has anyone heard of "corvesgate" of Bournemouth

big olga

Hi, We have bought a 1979 Mercedes Benz 207d 2.4 diesel ,automatic, left hand drive, with power steering. Her name is "Big Olga" she was converted to a two berth motorhome/camper by a company called "Corvesgate" of Bournemouth in 1980 .

I can find no information about this company; the van could have been a one off ,she is in very good condition and is my pride and joy. Best Wishes Dave.

This is the best i can do so far looking at the companies register , any good .

CORVESGATE COACHCRAFT LTD is just one of over 8 million businesses on the checkSURE database. From this page you can buy a company report Company #:

Company:

CORVESGATE COACHCRAFT LTD

Registered Address: 10 Bridge St Christchurch Dorset

woody. - 2010-12-13 10:28 PM This is the best i can do so far looking at the companies register , any good . CORVESGATE COACHCRAFT LTD is just one of over 8 million businesses on the checkSURE database. From this page you can buy a company report Company #: 1175575 Company: CORVESGATE COACHCRAFT LTD Registered Address: 10 Bridge St Christchurch Dorset

Nothing on Companies House register under Corvesgate or 1175575.  Strange!

Guest Tracker
Can you contact the previous owner via the V5, DVLA, or the dealer or seller of the van as they might have some info that would be useful - particularly as it is a 'one off' and one offs are infamous for their quirks and foibles!

Whether or not you can track down the original converter I'd strongly advise you get the van checked out professionally. I did a hab inspection on a VW LT a couple of weeks ago "professionally converted" by a small company in Lincs and I found a small list of issues needing attention. Most serious of those was the tyres which were totally unsuitable for the vehicle and the gas cylinder housed in an open under seat locker with no gas drop out vent , also the leisure battery was unfused :-( .

D.

big olga - 2010-12-16 12:22 AM

Many thanks everyone for your replies . I have been trying to upload some pics without success so far.

Your photos are probably too big, if just a bit too big you will get a message telling you, if way too large you get a server error message.

They need to be under 100k

Hi, Lenny, Many Thanks for your help; I googled "skrink your pics for free" it worked!!

I was thinking about my first motorhome a 1973 Ford Transit CI Autohome c/b. [We had it for 13 years]

I bought it in 1980 then I realised that my latest van was converted in 1980!! What does that say about Mercedes Benz.

Archived