Any Subscriber got January MMM yet?

Hazy Baby

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you may have the same problem as I have.

Some very clever person at the Post Office came up with a devilishly good new system.

Buy a large fleet of small vans, pair up 2 posties and give them trolleys instead of postbags and let them share the van.

It works very well.

Until it snows. 8-)

My postie has told me that there is a mountain of mail still to be delivered. They could not get the vans out of the depot and you cannot pull a trolley through 10" of snow and ice. :$

I thought it was poetic justice when I gave him his Christmas card yesterday. At least I did apologise for the late delivery. I cannot see the PO doing that to its customers.

paulmold - 2010-12-31 3:26 PM

paulmold - 2010-12-30 1:55 PM

Cattwg - 2010-12-30 1:42 PM

I sent a polite e-mailed to the MMM subscription department 23/12/10 to make them aware that my magazine had not arrived. No point in ranting at them.

I was asked to wait until the first post after Christmas and to advise them if it still had not arrived. That post came but with no MMM. So I e-mailed them yesterday to advise of the non-delivery and received the reply below this morning.

So a copy should arrive to-morrow or Tuesday. :-D

My understanding from Collette's first reply is that it will be sent by First Class post.

Hi John

Sorry to hear that it still has not arrived.

I will ensure that a copy goes first thing today.

Regards

Collette

I also emailed the subscriptions department this morning and got a reply straight back from Collette who also said one would be sent out first class this afternoon. They have also arranged a meet with the Royal Mail in the New Year to discuss the problems.

Mine arrived today - not the one promised to be sent yesterday by first class but probably the 'lost' one as it was in the usual polythene wrap and franked 2nd class, so I'll probably end up with 2.

The second one arrived today, 2nd. class, not 1st as promised but I've now got two copies as predicted. If anyone lives near Mold, in Flintshire they are welcome to collect.

Got mine this morning.

Excuse my earlier posts, I have been having problems with the OAL server. At least that is the message I got from it. Anybody else had that?

It looks like your post has failed but it turns up later. 8-)

Guest Tracker

Ours arrived today - mind you that was the replacement copy that subscriptions kindly and quickly sent me when I advised that the original had not arrived.

Not their fault the original went missing but all credit to Warners for the great service.

My FEB one also arrived today - but see-through packaging was open top AND bottom.....wonder if they have a problem with their distributors . Will call them Monday to advise, as I could/may have lost some of the inserts.

I also noticed it was already on sale in the shops locally yesterday.....the earliest I have ever known it!

My FEB one also arrived today - but see-through packaging was open top AND bottom.....wonder if they have a problem with their distributors . Will call them Monday to advise, as I could/may have lost some of the inserts.

I also noticed it was already on sale in the shops locally yesterday.....the earliest I have ever known it!

• 3 weeks later...

AT LAST!!!!!

As the replacement for the missing January copy had still not arrived, I phoned Warners subscription office and was told that they were very sorry but had no more copies available.

However, when I expressed my extreme disapointment, the very sympathetic lady found their well thumbed office copy, and posted it to me, 1st. Class in a plain brown wrapper!!

It arrived yesterday morning.

Many Thanks Felicity, you have made an old man very happy.

Archived