Jan 2011 MMM

Rayjsj

Anyone received theirs yet ?? there was another thread about this but it seems to have 'vanished' ?? Saw January edition at the Supermarket (tesco and Morrisons) a couple of days ago, thought 'shall I buy it ? No, mine will be there when i get home, after all I have a Subscription !!'

It wasn't, and still isn't 2 days later ?? whats going on (or am I paranoid ?) ? Ray 8-)

ooops ! just found the other thread Pheww! it's not just me after all !!

Guest Tracker

Mine has not arrived yet either but as it now contains very little that interests us it don't much matter either way!

I doubt we will renew the subs next time but we might try one of the others like Practical Motorhome or Motorcaravan or whatever it is called instead?

That said for those of us who like road tests that only give half of the story and for expensive site reviews that we will never use and for other folks travel diaries that bore me rigid it is a great read with a lot of info for the price.

As the judge says, I should 'get a life', I was looking through some of the back issue's of MMM, 2005/6 ( For the road tests on vans I can afford !) and noticed how the mag has 'Shrunk' over the years, it now being a shadow of it's former self (where-as I have grown 'rotunder'). Just the adverts at the back took an hour to read through, now it's a five minute job. Shame ! now where IS that Jan 2011 issue ?? Roll on the spring and lets get 'rolling again'. Ray ;-)

'Bring Back Suzzane Dilley' she used to be in all the MMM road tests with Dave Hurrell, posing with a plate of beans etc.,

Imagine our suprise when parked up in Carishaveen Ireland looking out over Valentia Island when 'Bilbo' pulled up alongside us. (bilbo was Dave's Rapido/Mercedes). We recognized them straight away.

So a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy new Motorhoming Year to ALL the MMM staff, Andy and 'Fag Ash' Stothert, John Lloyd and family, Di Johson and Pete, and all the others too many to mention. Regards Ray & Linda and Wendy the Black labrador. :D

Guest Tracker
Rosbotham - 2010-12-18 9:20 PM

I subscribe to both, but find that Practical Motorhome takes only approx 1/4 of the time to read compared to MMM.

That surely depends on how much of each magazine is of real interest to the individual reader?

stacks of mmm in tesco tonight .

when i asked our post man if he had received any at the local depot he said no they were at the main sorting office they were concentrating on small parcels and letters should get it next year ,our post man is a motorhomer and as not got is mmm yet

Well it's getting silly now ! It's now Tuesday the 21st and STILL no sign.

Although Morrisons have had it for over 2 weeks ??

Now considering cancelling subscription. Only advantage to me was getting it BEFORE all the shops, and having it delivered to the door,

Now both of these are not happening for whatever reason. >:-(

I think the PO are having a festive wind-up!

They left me a card last week saying that I had an item of post that didn't have the right stamp on. 10p short but I had to pay £1.10p.

Sent the card back, but it's still not been delivered.

Maybe it's my MMM mag full of bumper stuff. :-D

Tracker - 2010-12-19 7:27 PM

Rosbotham - 2010-12-18 9:20 PM

I subscribe to both, but find that Practical Motorhome takes only approx 1/4 of the time to read compared to MMM.

That surely depends on how much of each magazine is of real interest to the individual reader?

Well partially that, but partially number of words...even allowing for the extra adverts in MMM, PM is a considerably thinner magazine.

Archived