moreton in marsh cc site

clay

just had a fone call from here telling me that they have closed the site as they have a snow prob. booked last jan. for 10 days over xmas, really disappointed. any ideas for a xmas site within 2 ish hours of cardiff and near a town that we could look at. cheers >:-(

Why not stay a little closer to home, try Cardiff Caravan Park. Short walk from Cardiff and all the shopping, restaurants and shows to keep you entertained.

Stayed there two weekends ago, saw Cinderella and Handel's Messiah, both at excellent venues. Shoppings a treat, said to be the cheapest capital in Europe.

Could try Carnon Downs site near Truro. It is on the main road, you would have to drive when there to Truro. Never been there but been past it.

Probably more than 2 hours though and no gritters or grit.

So much for the Cameron and his mob, same as the rest. ;-)

Put the "van" back under wraps..or whatever..stay indoors [i have not put a foot outside..{I lie..I brought the milk in on Wednesday.still have it delivered along with the Eggs,} since ,err about the 1st December] plenty of heat..plenty of whisky/Brandy /Beer whatever.

We Dream of Lincoln next..if the weather improves of course..the REAL winters some time ago lasted till March!!I remember snow in June?

I love Moreton..but only when the weather suits ??

*-) I intend to spend my Xmas indoors..probably with children/granchildren/great grandchildren..friends and some foe[keep your enemies close?]Big comfy bed/large loungue and tele..big tree ,many pressies.

Sorry, but there is no way you can beat staying home/family and friends at Xmas/wobbling of in a "van" dont even rate unless your johnny no mates.

Stay at Home,,enjoy

cheetahdavie - 2010-12-20 12:38 AM

Sorry, but there is no way you can beat staying home/family and friends at Xmas/wobbling of in a "van" dont even rate unless your johnny no mates.

Stay at Home,,enjoy

..well maybe you should count yourself very fortunate that you have family and friends around you at this time of year..a good many people don't!

..it doesn't necessarily means they're "johnny no mates"... *-)

Clay..I would also say to give Bath Marina a try...(..we're down there for the New Year ;-) )

thanks all, i am not jonny no mates but nice to get away from it all after a busy year, really nice time at moreton last xmas / new year. been to exmoor house, found the lady warden a bit crabby also off the m5 a bit of a drag, bath marina very good but not really suitable for our mutt. plainly cant make a move before xmas but hope to have a few days at cc site at weston before new year (fingers crossed) thanks all for your input :D

Well you sanctimonious person, many of us do not have many family to call on this Christmas, or indeed any other Christmas. Whether we stay at home or go away in or vans, we deserve a better response to a perfectly civil request for information than you managed.

I hope your Christmas is lovely, a pity you could not manage the same sentiment to the rest of us.

*-) I intend to spend my Xmas indoors..probably with children/granchildren/great grandchildren..friends and some foe[keep your enemies close?]Big comfy bed/large loungue and tele..big tree ,many pressies.

Stay at Home,,enjoy

Thanks very much, puts us in our place then, so we are the johnny no mates.

I realise you are entitled to your own opinions, but it may have been more in the Christmas spirit to have put it in a nicer way. Not everyone has children for a start, and not always through choice either, so a rather insensitive remark. Neither does everyone have extended family and finally, the bed in our van is every bit as comfy as the one at home and what is wrong with meeting up with friends on a site??

Ina.

Stay at Home,,enjoy

Well I can beat it.

Quite easily in fact.

We've no children and only a small number of family members. Going away in the van at Christmas is a lovely experience.

For us.

The thought of sitting round the idiots lantern, sorry TV, with Family is our idea of hell. The very idea of having to please others with food, booze and entertainment for X number of hours - no thankyou.

Miserable pair of gits? It works for us. Each to their own.

Martyn

Well, it will be just the two of us at home this year. After years of going to in-laws, we are very happy to be spending Christmas on our own. I have stipulated that it will also be a Brussel Sprout-free Christmas. At the moment, we have an 8.2 metre garden ornament which is going nowhere due to the weather, so it will be New Year at home as well. :'(

I hope you find a site and have clear roads to get there.

Good luck.

747 - 2010-12-23 3:15 PM

Well, it will be just the two of us at home this year. After years of going to in-laws, we are very happy to be spending Christmas on our own. I have stipulated that it will also be a Brussel Sprout-free Christmas. At the moment, we have an 8.2 metre garden ornament which is going nowhere due to the weather, so it will be New Year at home as well. :'(

I hope you find a site and have clear roads to get there.

Good luck.

well we have booked into minehead cc site for a couple of days after xmas just for a run out. itchy feet and all that . thanks all

Archived