Morocco Ferry

doonhamer

Hi, has anyone used the Algeciares/Tangiers ferry lately, I've done a search but the most current post is 2008.  I've used the Ceuta crossing before but have been led to believe that the formalities are different through Tangiers and I'd like to know what to expect before I get there.

I've been advised that Agencia de Viajes at Palmones is the best place to buy an open ticket, has anyone any experience of the service they offer and how much they charge. 

doonhamer - 2010-12-19 7:17 PM

Hi, has anyone used the Algeciares/Tangiers ferry lately, I've done a search but the most current post is 2008.  I've used the Ceuta crossing before but have been led to believe that the formalities are different through Tangiers and I'd like to know what to expect before I get there.

I've been advised that Agencia de Viajes at Palmones is the best place to buy an open ticket, has anyone any experience of the service they offer and how much they charge. 

We last did that crossing in Janury 2009, immigration paperwork was done on board the ferry, vehicle paperwork at the port. Both very easy. We bought our tickets from Agencia de Viajes at Palmones, prices vary from year to year - sometimes from day to day! If you haven't seen it already you can read the first few pages of the Vicarious Books Camping Morocco guide here: http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/images/camping_morocco_look_inside_guide.pdfAndy

Archived