Thanks to Forum Experts

HymerVan

As 2010 draws to a close and we (my wife and I) reflect on the completion of seven happy years motorhoming including two "big" European trips (facillitated by retirement) it is appropriate to thank and acknowledge the value of various forum experts who truly do know what they are talking about and have prevented us making serious mistakes and/or allowed us to learn from the mistakes of others !

Although it may be invidious to single individuals out (and of course in doing so I will miss or not acknowledge substantial contributions from others) I think Derek Uzzell Brian Kirby and Clive Mott-Gotobed must be recognised as "elder statesmen" of the forum producing carefully considered authoritative and wonderfully helpful posts.

Best wishes to everybody for a joyous Christmas and many wonderful and safe adventures in 2011

Laurence

Agreed wholeheartedly.

I would also like to thank all those who have helped me to get a better understanding of things. Our first couple of months motorhoming have gone smoother than expected, thanks to the time given up by various posters, in reassuring us that we would enjoy it and manage without too much worrying.

Joining this forum (ahum!) has been one of the best things we've done so far. So, to all concerned, thanks again and we wish you all a

Friendly Festive season and a Happy New Motorhoming New Year.

I'll second that!

We have been motorhoming for little over a year now, so in comparison with others who regularly contribute to this forum, we are true novices but never-the-less enjoy every moment of it.

This forum has been a reliable and confidence building font of knowledge for all things motorhome related. I have spent many happy hours trawling the various posts during the cold wet winter evenings - not always with the full approval of my better half!

Thanks to all contributors and seasonal greetings to all. Here's to more motorhoming in 2011.

John & Anne. 8o| 8o|

I wholeheartedly and unreservedly agree with all that has been brought to our attention by way of the above posts and would like to thank all members concerned for invaluable information that has been put at my disposal over the last year nay the last three years no less and hope that the font of knowledge that is this forum will continue to broaden my enlightenment of all things Motorhoming as my brain just soaks up all of this wonderful information like a sponge and long may it continue.

Oh and not forgetting the many minutes of fun i've had at the expense of some of you, all done without a hint of mallice I am quick to add, Tracker, J9, Mel B, Brian Kirby and a few others, all done in the best possible taste, as Kenny Everett would say.

Happy Christmas and may your god be with you.

Peter

Hello, as relatively new 'forumites' we would also like to add our grateful thanks to all those contributors who take the time to help anyone who asks for their experience, knowledge and expertise.

We thank you all.

A very happy and peaceful Christmas and a safe New Year to all. :-D

Barbarian

There is nothing as good as a dedicated man sat in the shed at the bottom of his garden all day long, with laptop and motorhome manuals to hand. :D

Of course there are dedicated ladies as well, sat in their rose gardens (obviously not in this weather) doing much the same.

I thank you very much for your efforts.

And let us not forget the crusty old curmudgeons who bring a bit of colour to this forum (you know who you are).

bob b - 2010-12-22 12:47 AM

I find that Dave Newell makes a useful contribution you know.......good looking fella....likes a drink.

I agree :D

But seriously I agree with all of the previous sentiments, I still learn a lot from this forum and don't class myself as an expert.

Happy Yuletide one and all.

D.

The responses demonstrate exactly what I suggested i.e. that there are many other true experts on the forum and my objective was to recognise and thank them all.

That said :-

1. I have had reason to be grateful to Dave (Newell) both for his advice and good work on my Van.

2. I appreciate the colourful and amusing characters who enliven the forum, especially those with a gift for irony.

3. It is wonderful to get an acolade from Michelle, a true forum superstar.

4. I am not actually new to the forum I just don't post a lot.

Thanks again everybody.

Arthur Brown - 2010-12-21 9:05 PM As a Fiat owner I must include Nick, Euroserve, in these plaudits. His knowledge has certainly helped my and I am sure many others. That said, thanks to all. Have a merry Christmas. Art

I'd like to second that.  The difference between Nick and the rest of us, if I may make so bold, is that he actually knows of what he speaks, and then lives by it!  :-)

May I also add a big thank you for all the great advice I have received during my first year of chugging from the people on here with a great deal of knowledge.

At present I am a forum member who gets a lot from this site but doesn’t have the experience to give very much back, hopefully that will change in time.

Once again thanks so very much.

Cheers

Dawki

Hi,

Being a newcomer with very little knowledge of the forum would like to add my thanks to all who contributed to a thread I raised recently, especially Brian whose responses always seem considered and constructive. Look forward to reading all the topics next year.

MERRY XMAS TO YOU ALL AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

derek and lyn

Archived