Toilet flush motor - help!

ALANSUE

Help!

The motor has packed up on my Thetford toilet in the motorhome.

I need to get the motor out but cannot find it.

Can anyone advise where it is and how to remove it.

My motorhome is a compass 150 and the thetford cassette toilet has a press button that connects the motor to provide the pink water flush.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Alan

motor for mine was in the flushing water tank and was accessed by removing the toilet roll holder.This was on a bench type cassette toilet yours sounds like it might be newer. Mine turned out to be the switch not the motor. I found this out after fitting a motor :-(

ALAN&SUE

I'm guessing that your toilet is a C-200CWE model.

If that's correct, then selecting the "C-200" entry in the Cassette Toilets list on this webpage:

http://www.thetford-europe.com/web/show/id=86252/langid=42

will provide good drawings of the guts of that toilet (Part 30 is the pump).

If you go to this webpage

http://www.thetford-europe.com/web/show/id=91559/langid=42

and click on "Switch" in the C-200 CWE section, that will show how to remove the press-button section. It looks like you'll then have to remove what's beneath the press-button section to allow you to fish out the pump from the flush-water reservoir.

(You are sure it's the motor that's the problem, not just a failed 3A fuse in the roof of the cassette-locker?)

Guest Tracker

The 'lid' on the flush tank unit inside the washroom is held on with a mastic and is not too hard to lever off without causing damage. If you are careful it will reseal on the same mastic without leaking - or at least mine did!

The pump is at the bottom on the end of a flexible tube and 12v cable and is not hard - but quite fiddly - to get off and out at which point you can check the filter and impeller for foreign objects and general crud before bench testing it to check the motor.

New pumps are stocked by many caravan accessory shops or you can buy online - but, as with all things Thetford - they ain't cheap!

Sometimes the pump just 'sticks' and sometimes a good thump on the bottom of the holding tank is enough to jar them into action - but only if you are very lucky!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Following the link to the Thetford Web Site I found an extra fuse housed in the compartment where the waste box is situated.

Once the waste box is pulled out there is a blade fuse on the left hand site, quite difficult to see and remove.

Thank you once again for your valuable help!

Alan & Sue

Archived