Help! Combi 4 problem

terryW

Just  about to go away and the boiler has failed on me.  Any thoughts would be very welcome. Symptoms are: Boiler ran for 10 mins then stopped, the control unit is not showing any lights and the pcb has not got a flashing LED. I have checked that 12Volts is present at the PCB and that the fuse on the board is ok. I can find no loose connections and all cables have been unplugged and reconnected.  Any other thoughts please?

Thanks Dave, sounds quite possible.

Looks as if we will be going away with electric fan heater and kettle. Fortunately we have an extended warranty so hopefully when we return next week I can seek out a "man that does" and at the same time we will find out if the warranty is worth the paper it's written on!

Terry

• 1 month later...
terryW - 2010-12-31 5:48 PM  find out if the warranty is worth the paper it's written on!

Terry

Just to close this thread for anyone who saw it my problem was fixed with a new pcb. It appears that some early versions of the board may be 'sensitive to voltage'. Solution appears to be an issue 12 board.

As far as warranty went good and bad, the fault code indicated possibly three causes and the insurance Co said they would only pay for the work in support of the one fault that cured the problem and the time allocated to the dealer would be as per a table of repair times provided by Truma.  When I checked with Truma they informed me that for this design they do not yet have set repair times and would treat each case on its merits. When I explained the problems I was having with the Insurance warranty they agreed to do it under their warranty despite being 6 months outside of their warranty period.

This is the second time they have extended a warranty period for me when others would have stuck strictly to the letter of the law/warranty and I cannot praise them enough.

Yes the cynic in me may say that they know there are problems with the early models and that’s why, but I repeat many other manufactures would stick to the warranty period.

Archived