Its all gone!

Clive

Not even any Turkey Curry left! The lights came down today and the tree is packed away into its box for another year. A big pile of clutter awaits stuffing back into the loft . Her indoors is going mad with the vacuum cleaner ticking away with barbed comments about someone sitting in front of a pukinter who could be helping clean up the house. (Dunno who that is?)

But I gotta go to work tomorrow and her can swan around in my limo so I don,t feel at all guilty. After all I was nice for a whole 10 days while her mother stayed with us over Christmas. Come on! At least we enjoyed a couple of days with fellow nutters on a frozen campsite over the new year.

Had a play with my motorbike, cleaned a few bits, wired in a connector for the charger and wished it was summer. I suppose it will be even more LED christmas lights next year as those with bulbs we have nurtured for many years are quite frankly a pain in the proverbial.

Anyway, tonight its Eastenders Corri and Emerdale so that should be a happy time!!! (Dream on)

Happy New Year all

Chive

We got back from our New Year trip on Sunday 2nd at around 1pm. By 4.30pm all the decorations and tree were taken down, packed in to their boxes and stored back up in the loft for another year. Having a lazy day today catching up on all the gossip, debates and general stupidity on the forums whilst I have been away. Back to work tomorow :-(

I'm hoping the moderators are going to step in here pretty sharpish as

both of the previous postings have included that dreaded four letter word....

w*rk

For those of us with delicate sensibilities who tremble at the very thought of being reminded of it, please be a little more considerate.

In fact, make it a New Year resolution never to mention it again. ;-)

I remember work- orrible it was- now its all good and the roads were dry today and even after 5 weeks Alice started first pull and took her for a 40 mile run to blow the cobwebs out . Next thing book the boat for Aprils crossing to France and thats it till end of July.

Work packed me up at 54 and am now 70 and dont regret the missing work years one bit.

Happy new year all and good health to us all as well.

I can now get down to the serious business of planning my summer trip. I've bought the Rough Guide to Andalucia and feel a 5 or 6 week trip should enable me to have a good look around. If I go in May and early June it shouldn't be too hot and the countryside bleached to a dusty brown ! I'll take the motorbike of course. The climate there is ideal for biking.

Where's everybody else off to this year?

Best wishes for 2011! 

nuevoboy - 2011-01-03 4:02 PM

I'm hoping the moderators are going to step in here pretty sharpish as

both of the previous postings have included that dreaded four letter word....

w*rk

For those of us with delicate sensibilities who tremble at the very thought of being reminded of it, please be a little more considerate.

In fact, make it a New Year resolution never to mention it again. ;-)

Totally agree, the swearing on here with the w word is just so unacceptable.

We were expecting to return from our New Year trip today.......the duff habitation water pump has delayed that so we will be taking the "New Year Trip" later this month when I have it "sorted"

One of the benefits of not having to get involved in W**K now that we are retired! :-D

Have a good year all!

I took our decorations down yesterday and packed them all away in the big suitcase we use. The 4ft tree keeps it's decorations on and gets its lower branches carefully folded up and then it is wrapped in 2 bin bags, is taped up and then stuffed into the attic in one piece - it means that I don't have to dress the flipping thing every year ... although I forgot to take the chocolate decorations off it one year and the wild rats had a nice treat!!! :D

Back to work tomorrow but my half day so at least I'll get broken in gently ... I hope! *-)

"The Management" took ours down yesterday...all the decs were removed and put away..The tree is a fibre optic jobbie so it does'nt need any thing on it..All been put away today into the top cupboard out of the way..So thats it til next year

Happy New Year!!!

Overdrive - 2011-01-04 1:13 PM

Is'nt it bad luck to take decorations down before 12th night 6th December?

I don't temp fate!

Our LEDs are still lighting up the night sky!!

David

I thought it was bad luck to keep them up AFTER the 12th night....6th January.

Brambles - 2011-01-04 4:02 PM
Overdrive - 2011-01-04 1:13 PM Is'nt it bad luck to take decorations down before 12th night 6th December? I don't temp fate! Our LEDs are still lighting up the night sky!! David
I thought it was bad luck to keep them up AFTER the 12th night....6th January.

Yeh Brambles, thats what I thought.

Mum had to go into hospital one January so they were left up but one night a little old lady knock on the door and said it was bad luck to keep them up after the 12th night and she would say a prayer for me. 8-)

Well obviously the prayer didn't work did it.

Dave

Overdrive - 2011-01-04 1:13 PM

Is'nt it bad luck to take decorations down before 12th night 6th December?

I don't temp fate!

Our LEDs are still lighting up the night sky!!

David

My goodness, I thought you meant you kept them up for nearly a year then!!!

If I had my way I wouldn't put the ruddy things up at all!!! Bah humbug. >:-)

Archived