kitchen tap

silverback

happy new year to all

i have been away over the festive period in the van,

i have a problem with the kitchen tap probably due to the cold weather!

it was releasing water out of the stem assembly, when under pressure from the pump, so i dismantled it and got the inerds out, on inspection it was a o ring, i have managed a temp fix, but its not gonna last, does anyone know where i can get the in stem assembly? dont know if its a standard tap thing or what!

all it says on the tap stem is roalba P-IX503/1B

i googled but only got 2 links which were no good

jonathan

Just renew the O rings, as the other parts shouldn't wear. You can buy the rings at most bearing and fasteners outlets. If they've got flattened put them in celulose thinners and they will swell up to several times size. Take them out and let them dry and they will return to their moulded size. I've done this several times to the rings on the Volvo outdrive leg on my boat when stripping it down to paint it. It has never leaked water in once and it's permanently imersed in water. As these units cost about £10k+ I wouldn't do it unless it worked. But, it's worth it to me. as the ring set from greedy Volvo Penta cost over £100.

thanks for replying nigel (or dee)

its not just a case of an o ring, its abit more complicated inside the tap,its a whole assembly put together and its just a matter of replacing it, and if anyone new where i could get one it would be cheaper and alot easier, but if all else fails its B&Q !!

thanks tho

jonathan

cheers peter,

i solved the o ring bit like you said (old school engineer) but when ive put it back together, it doesnt leak up the stem now, but it doesnt turn off right when i put the lever back to its off position, there is a slight drip... so concequently the pump turns on now and again...so how annoying is that!!

jonathan

Can I just say that it is posts such as this that remind me of why I continue to be a member on this forum. In amongst some of the bickering and antagonistic posts, as well as some really good humour, there is a vast wealth of knowledge that can provide much needed assistance and as in this case also a potential solution and supplier of such. Fantastic :D

totally agree big momma :-D

this site is brill for stuff like this :-D

and its a wealth of knowlege for stuff you never thought about (!)

but trolls exsist..so you've got to humour them 8-)

plus it makes some good reading on a dark winter night :-D

and im totally hetrosexual ....i think :-S (lol)

jonathan

hi Dave,

i have posted some photos

and dimensions are as follows

overall length =55mm (including lever)

dia=35mm

small dia at top=23mm (important as the brass nut goes thro it)

depth from small dia to large dia =10mm

if this fits the bill send a pm with details, price, tel num, etc and i will ring you and sort something out

regards jonathan

022.thumb.JPG.37648fe0c6a6c47efc0915226f0688c0.JPG

023.thumb.JPG.d1c0b6ff79f72f58a570da63359d20ce.JPG

025.thumb.JPG.976593cd537160504a15702a06b072f6.JPG

Archived