Campsites in Copenhagen

kazlepops

Hi,

There is a campsite close to the centre of Copenhagen

http://www.asved.com/citycamp/welcometocitycam.html

Although called a campsite it is little more than a large car park with campsite facilities. We stayed there a couple of years ago and found it very handy for the city centre, just a short walk to the waterbus and a large shopping mall with restaurants and a supermarket.

Ideal for a visit to Copenhagen.

Hi,

We used Camping Absalon. – a large site about 4 miles outside of Copenhagen. All the usual facilities to a reasonable standard. The main attractions were a train station about a 15 minute walk away and they took Camping Cheques. We were there in Spring 2006.

Cattwg

:-D

I was at the DCU-Absolon site in September last year for a week. Pitches were large and the site is well laid-out. There's a new and stylish toilet block. There's wifi but you need to be near the office for it.

The staff were friendly and efficient and very helpful on local tourism. Next to reception is a small shop, with fresh bread most days. Prices were low compared to other places I'd stayed at in Scandinavia.

As Cattwg says, you're not far from the railway station. Plenty of buses, too. If you've got bikes, the city centre's not far.

There's a newly-enlarged Kvickly supermarket near the station, as well as some small shops next to it. Going in the other direction, a moderate walk (or short bike ride) away there's a shopping centre at Rødovre Centrum, with a good range of food and other shops.

The site is next to a large public park that includes some interesting late-19th century fortifications. There's a smaller, more ornate park near the shopping centre.

I liked it there.

scramblers - 2011-01-17 12:17 PM

Do you know when it closed as the website is still up and running.

Not always a guarantee. I went to one place in Norway that had a live Web site and found it was being redeveloped. 8-(

The closure of this one was mentioned to me while I was in Copenhagen. Drop them an email, perhaps?

Roger

RogerGW - 2011-01-17 8:38 PM

scramblers - 2011-01-17 12:17 PM

Do you know when it closed as the website is still up and running.

Not always a guarantee. I went to one place in Norway that had a live Web site and found it was being redeveloped. 8-(

The closure of this one was mentioned to me while I was in Copenhagen. Drop them an email, perhaps?

Roger

Hi Roger,

I've been in touch with the campsite, they are open from 28 May to 4 September 2011.

scramblers - 2011-01-18 11:48 PM

Hi Roger,

I've been in touch with the campsite, they are open from 28 May to 4 September 2011.

That's good to hear. Thanks for checking.

Perhaps I got to Copenhagen after the end of their season last year.

Roger

• 2 years later...

Hi,

We spent last Sunday and Monday nights in Camping Charlottenlund Fort in Copenhagen and were very impressed with the site. it is situated in the grounds of an actual fort- our van was sited right by a row of cannon- and the facilities were excellent. It is on the coast in the north of the city- on the coastal road to Helsingor and is a bus ride of 20 minutes from the centre, or you can use the train. The weather was great and access to the city was good. We think it cost about 500 Danish Krone for the two of us for two nights. Not sure when you wanted to go but I think it will be open till October 20th.

(www.campingcopenhagen.dk)

Enjoy- we did!

Susan

Archived