Looking for a new TV.

Rocking Ron

Hi

I am considering buying a new portable TV for the coming season, as I see it I have two options.

1 Buy a dual voltage TV at between £250-£300

2 Buy a cheap £100 240volt. TV and run it off my 300 w. inverter.

I went into Comets today and found a 19" 12volt. TV even better which used 28.09w is that about 3amps?

If I were to buy this TV together with a good portable aerial and a signal finder would I get a good reception as I toured around.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Rocking Ron

Rocking Ron - 2011-01-06 7:47 PM

Hi

I am considering buying a new portable TV for the coming season, as I see it I have two options.

1 Buy a dual voltage TV at between £250-£300

2 Buy a cheap £100 240volt. TV and run it off my 300 w. inverter.

I went into Comets today and found a 19" 12volt. TV even better which used 28.09w is that about 3amps?

If I were to buy this TV together with a good portable aerial and a signal finder would I get a good reception as I toured around.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Rocking Ron

28 Watts is just over two amps. You would stand a better chance of getting a good signal with a portable sat' dish than with an antenna as digital is very directional. I know sat' is as well, but they seem easier to set up. If you only want to use an antenna you would be better of with a roof mounted one that you can adjust from within the van. That's only my opinion and others may think differently.

Check your viewing angles in relation to your seating and the position of the TV, Our Cheapy TV looses all iis colour if not viewed looking directly at the screen which meant that if sitting one person each side of the m/home neither got a good picture.

We changed to an Avtex,and picture is viewable from all angles.

Rgds

Archived