Rear mud flaps for Fiat Ducato/Swift Royale Ensign 2000yr.

deerhound

Wonder if it is possible to purchase off the shelf rear mad flaps for this model, Had a look underneath and the side panels seem to take the crud coming off the back tyres, the side panels look to made of aluminium with ply on the inside to add strength so dont think there would be enough strength on the side panels to attach anything, maybe have to come off the main chassis mamber. anyone bought or made same? Thanks (?)

Anti-spray skirts go towards/on the very rear of a motorhome, I think he's on about something to go just behind the wheels themselves.

Why not get some rubber mats, put a batten across the top of each of them, and fix them to the underside supports/members that way?

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2011-01-07 7:53 PM

Why not get some rubber mats, put a batten across the top of each of them, and fix them to the underside supports/members that way?

That's what I have done several times and one pair of rubber mats will make two pairs of mudflaps so if you change the van you don't need to take 'em orf to save the pennies!

Making up clips / brackets is easy enough if you have the ingenuity and if, like me you have a shed full of old bits of recycled metal and plastic!

Mel B - 2011-01-07 7:53 PM

i,ve done the same but used a carpet tile cut in two, the pile seems to absorb the spray. 3yrs 19,000 m still working.

Hello Deerhound,

Try www.motorhomesmudflaps.com

I had some fitted last year and was very pleased with the result. Then as I started to tow a car I bought and fitted myself a rear skirt which helps to keep the towcar cleaner and stops stones etc. from chipping the front of it.

You'll find Steve very helpful if you contact him.

Bob

What you really want is the proper thing from someone like ..

www.truck-mudflaps.co.uk.

The suppression/ splash guards available in various sizes and not at all expensive. forget the rear skirt, doesn't work.

These mudflaps cut out 80% of water spray (regulation for HGV) and the mud etc. very easy to fit front and rear.

Dennis

Well,I think what you use really depends on what you've got to fix to.

If you can fabricate a sturdy mounting bracket,fixed off the chassis say,then I would use something like those anti spray flaps(..but those flaps can be quite stiff and heavy).

However if you can only fix to something by way of self tapping into the floor/inner side skirts for example,then I'd recommend the lightweight rubber mat option..

On the subject of anti spray flaps,we bought a plastic,tufted door mat for the van at the weekend and to my eyes is just a lightweight version of the flaps we use to fit to our trucks..and for only £3.99! ;-) (..although it is green... *-) )

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2011-01-10 3:39 Pm

(..they're like a lightweight anti spray flap..)

Great just what I need, do I wear them inside our outside my trousers :D

Archived