0ver 60 days.

new to the game

I have just checked the RIAS policy wording Escape of water, theft etc are all excluded after the property has been unoccupied for more than 60 consecitive days. It would appear it does not suit your requirements.I think Saga goes upto 90 days before the restrictions kick in.

new to the game - 2011-01-11 1:51 PM Busy sorting out house insurance once again and wondering has anyone out there got house cover for unoccupancy over 60 consecutive days which includes theft, malicious damage, escape of water or heating oil. Ive just received a quote from comfort which doesn,t cover these points. :-(

Do you have the actual policy booklet from Comfort, and did you advise them that you wanted cover for a period of unoccupancy greater than 60 days?  We have house and contents insured via Comfort, and my last renewal (Aviva schedule, not Comfort covering letter, July 2010) states "The period of unoccupancy, when referred to in the buildings and/or contents sections of this policy, is hereby extended to 90 days."  Additional premiums can be paid to extend the period in increments up to, I think, a maximum of 180 days.  You do have to tell'em!  :-D

Thanks everyone for swift replies, I am currently waiting for cover policy booklet to arrive from comfort Brian so will check that. However I did point out that I would need up to 90 days which they said was not a problem, but the keyfacts info from Aviva states they do not cover the previous points mentioned whilst the home is unoccupied for more than 60 days.

Archived