Camping Mar Menor - San Javier/ Los Alcazares Spain

johnsue

Has anyone stayed on the campsite at San Javier ? We have walked to the site from Los Alcazares a few times when we have been staying in self catering accomodation in the past both at Chrismas when we have seen British motor homes looking for winter sun & in May. The site has never been busy at those times but we understand it does get busy in July / August when the Spanish have their hols & we don't intend to be there at that time. This year we want to take the motor home- swift Bolero FB -over for hopefully 6 weeks - May / June ( we have friends & relatives staying in the resort ) However we will more than likely have to return home at some stage during that time for a hospital appointment & were thinking of leaving the van for a few days while we fly out from San Javier. Obviously our main concern is the safekeeping of the van in our absence but we know we can get cheaper flghts than the cost of driving back & the ferry.. *-)

Hi Judgemental

Can see where you are coming from but didn't want to bore everybody with the details. We bought the motor home for our early retirement to travel abroad particularly for winter sun, having set off feb last year, after only 5 weeks John was taken unwell, visited Malaga hospital & they advised us to return home asap. The outcome being a cancerous tumor behind the left eye which required major surgery & followed by radiotherapy. Hence last year was a bit of a downer to say the least & the van hardly left the drive apart from its annual service etc.

This year we are eager to get out & enjoy, starting with short uk breaks, looking at the forecast hopefully off on monday to Stanmore Hall Bridgnorth for a few days.

Anyway back to visiting Spain, can't set off until ,we think, early May as already got several hospital appointments in diary & as these involve reconstruction of the eye area ( lost it in the op) are not the type of appointments you would want to cancel. As we do really want to try & get away are prepared to travel back but think it would be more cost effective to fly.

Hopefully by August we can then get on with our retirement plans. Again our intention would be to set off September time for autumn / winter sun.

I guss from your reply you haven't knowledge of this particular site?

John & Sue

Guest pelmetman
Sorry to hear of your rotten year John & Sue, but many sites offer discounts for long term stays, it might be cost effective just to leave the van on your pitch and fly home, naturaly it depends on how long you need to be back in the uk for :D ................just a thought.

On the way in to Los Alcazares from the south we noticed several motorhomes parked near the beach. We parked in the town & walked back along the promenade to check it out but could not get past the army base. Those 'vans must have pulled off the 332 a couple of kilometres before the town & driven along the front. We didn't follow it up as we found a tree lined square adjacent to the beach where we spent an enjoyable four days.

Guest JudgeMental

john & sue I am sorry, and that is tough, and a message to us all about putting plans on hold for to long and health problems overtaking us. But insurance raises its ugly head, both personal health/travel, and vehicle, as many policys do not allow for camper to be left abroad while returning home. I am in the same boat as the moment with health issues stopping me doing what I want *-)

Archived