Chausson Welcome75

jonmar

Have any of you helpful people had any experience of this 'van? We saw one at the Shepton Mallet show and both liked it, but unfortunately it sold while we were talking to the rep. It's advantage for us is the flat (essential) garage which will easily take my mobility scooter, chairs et al and plated to take 200kg, although I should be wary of carrying so much.

I'm pretty sure Chausson has used the name "Welcome 75" for motorhomes based on the 'old' Fiat Ducato chassis, but I'm guessing that you are interested in the present model that would have been built from around 2007 onwards and will be as shown in this advert:

http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/usedmotorhomedetails.php?ID=00020945

Usual Ducato-related warnings about reversing vibration. Watch out for cracks in the rear bumpers (especially on the corners). Make sure the semi-circular shower-screen closes without jamming. Apparently (from UK forum comments) some W75's have a small (60 litre) fuel tank to improve the payload figure. Otherwise, it's a straightforward, no-nonsense motorhome.

Sorry not really "model specific" these comments but we've got an 08 Chausson Allegro 83(non garage) and we're really impressed with it(...although with our layout the bathroom is a little on the "snug" side ;-) )

Everything works fine,nothing's fallen off and to my eyes the interior design and finish is far better than our friends Burstner(..which,apart from the funky bathroom,looks like a collection of Conti board panels screwed together. ;-) ).

Also,do you mean that the rear axle is rated at 2000kg(..and not rear garage rated at 200kg?)..as I was going to say to keep an eye on your weights and axle loadings...

(Oh!..and make sure that any weight shown on the V5 tally with what's on the weight plate!..ours' was different(V5=3.5t/Weight plate=3.85t)and it was a real pain to rectify..)

Chris

Hi jonmar,

Bought my Welcome 75 Aug 07 new and delivered Feb/08.

I carry a Piaggio Liberty 125 in the garage (105kgs).

I have weighed the outfit complete fully loaded for holls, me and the wife (140kgs together) 30% water and fuel and two 13 kgs calor gas bottles.

I was just under the 3500 kg limit and the 2000kg rear axle limit.

In the three years I have only had a broken cupboard catch in the habitation area, but in the Fiat bit I have had the reverse mods done, and had a under seat heater matrix leak.£105 for the repair

This heater was not electrically connected by Fiat on deleivery so I had to make my own cable.

The only other concern was on the recent MOT when some chasis to body bolts were found to be loose.(now fixed)

Hope this helps.

Motorhometone

We owned a Chausson for two years, (although not a Welcome) and it was pretty much perfect. We never had a bit of trouble with it either inside or out. It was fairly basic but everything worked. We covered 20,000 miles all over the continent without having to return to a dealer and we thought it was a brilliant van. Unfortunately we now own a British van and have had nothing but trouble with it. We wish we had the Chausson back.

Archived