Transit door deadlocks Globecar Trendscout

RSP

Can anyone who owns a Globecar Trendscout PVC on a transit registered around 2008 please advise if door deadlocks are fitted and working on the 2nd push of the lock button on the remote or manually with the key in RH door lock My van does,nt appear to do anything and therefore I wonder if dead locks are actually fitted as part of the Spec from Ford. I have checked on Ford ETIS but this is not clear (no ref at all to deadlocks) OR there may be a fault Ford dealer or Ford Tech not able to confirm without stripping out and checking lock. I do not want to waste time and money.

My 2008 Transit (different converter) HAS deadlocks, which work perfectly, and these ARE lilsted on the ETIS spec for my van (under "minor features," which you have to click on for a full list).

So if ETIS doesn't show them for yours, I'd assume they're not fitted. Different converters of course choose different spec levels.

Our Trendscout (built November 2007, registered May 2008), only locks on first press of the key button - nothing happens on second press, and there's nothing mentioned on the Etis specification about deadlocks, so I assume they're not fitted.

Brom

They are currently standard fitment across the Transit range in both the UK and Germany. I can find (uncorroborated) reference to them being standard in the UK on the Mk6 as well.

None of this confirms whether or not they would have been standard on a German spec '08 van, however, though mine also appear on the minor details part of Etis, so if yours doesn't have them in the build spec, it is at least suspect. 

The Ford Transit forum has quite a few instances of people failing to have functioning deadlocks on their 'van, regardless of them supposedly being fitted.

"I am Sparticus!" .... sorry .... just wanted to join in! :D

This is the Ford ETIS spec when I checked just after we'd bought our new Chausson in April 2010- it doesn't say anything about deadlocks - how do I tell if it's now standard spec as we use remote central locking (linked to our alarm)?

71236966_FordETISpage2.jpg.200762de5b3dad90f6dbc24d2ecd767c.jpg

Parted with a 57 Trendscout last September and that always locked all doors on the first press and sounded the horn if the door was open. 

If I recall correctly the only way of locking the doors with the side door open was to lock using the door handles. Locking all doors is only possible with the 'Blue' remote key I don't think it works in the door lock.  Also the doors should lock at 5mph.

If you need to check on your van spec contact the Dethleff owners club they are great and have two good  links direct into the factory.  Gave me fantastic help when I needed info and spares from the factory.

http://www.dethleffsowners.co.uk/

Another thought, the MMM featured the Trendscout in the 'Living with' and that guy apparently had his re-programed, so if your not the original owner that may be a possibility

Terry (Ex Trendscout )

terryW - 2011-01-20 6:04 PM

Parted with a 57 Trendscout last September and that always locked all doors on the first press and sounded the horn if the door was open.

Mine does this.

Also the doors should lock at 5mph

But not this, thank goodness! Unless I'm somewhere inherently dangerous, I want my doors UNlocked while I'm driving. Who knows when I might need someone to get me out?

Mel - if there were deadlocks they'd be in that "minor features" list - yours apparently doesn't have them.

Ford France also show double locking as standard in their brochures!

(Of course, any special order vehicle, as a motorhome base will be, could have any range of features added or deleted).

My Etis listing is as follows - note that it specifically includes deadlocks.

The deadlocking on mine is activated by a second click on the remote lock button, or by the key being turned to first unlock, then to lock. A second 'clunk' may be heard, and the indicators should flash twice.

This may not be possible if an aftermarket alarm has been fitted.

Etis.thumb.JPG.dc08a1f6bd34ffbfe466d90b78102523.JPG

This is getting confusing ... I happen to have a Ford Transit brochure (sad ain't I! :D ) which is dated September 2009, it says that the double locking is standard too. That could account for why it's not listed as in the 'minor' stuff at the bottom of the Ford ETIS list as our van was produced in January 2010 ... I'll have to try the locks and see if we've got it or not!

It may explain why Robin's vehicle has it actually listed as it would have been programmed into the build programme at the same time that it became standard.

john y - 2011-01-21 9:22 PM My 08, Trendscout does not deadlock, when sorting out warranty my Ford dealer said my van was made in GB. Will ask them to check next time it goes in.

If you visit http://www.etis.ford.com select the vehicle tab, and input your reg. no. (or if this is unrecognised, the VIN number) then you can find where/when your 'van was built, and details such as  I've posted above.

Mel B - 2011-01-21 9:20 PM This is getting confusing ... I happen to have a Ford Transit brochure (sad ain't I! :D ) which is dated September 2009, it says that the double locking is standard too. That could account for why it's not listed as in the 'minor' stuff at the bottom of the Ford ETIS list as our van was produced in January 2010 ... I'll have to try the locks and see if we've got it or not! It may explain why Robin's vehicle has it actually listed as it would have been programmed into the build programme at the same time that it became standard.

I'm not sure that you can assume this - the default build at Otosan has to support many markets, and it is not at all certain that deadlocks will be standard in all of them.

In addition, the platform cab motorcaravan base is likely to be a special order, and could have all sorts of items added or deleted.

Then, the convertor has a go (though I admit it is unlikely that Chausson would remove any deadlocks :-) )

Witness the debate that recently took place in another thread about spare wheels. Mine was apparently built with one, but not supplied by Hobby with it. Yours was apparently built without one, but with a tyre repair kit. Presumably your tyre repair kit is the standard Ford item. Not having a spare wheel, I was supplied with a tyre repairr kit, but an OEM one supplied to Hobby. (I note it is the same kit which is supplied on some of their caravans - which caused me to check suitability, but the OEM site endorses it for motorcaravans as well.)

In other words, without the full audit trail, it is difficult to know what goes on. It's worth seeing whether you have functioning deadlocks but, (ignoring the minor possibility of a fault), if you haven't, then it's odds-on it was built without.

Robinhood - 2011-01-21 10:17 PM
john y - 2011-01-21 9:22 PM My 08, Trendscout does not deadlock, when sorting out warranty my Ford dealer said my van was made in GB. Will ask them to check next time it goes in.

If you visit http://www.etis.ford.com select the vehicle tab, and input your reg. no. (or if this is unrecognised, the VIN number) then you can find where/when your 'van was built, and details such as  I've posted above.

But, do not rely implicitly on ETIS.  It is not fault free as I checked our (Turkish) produced platform cab, and it is not correct in all respects.

john y - 2011-01-21 9:22 PM

My 08, Trendscout does not deadlock, when sorting out warranty my Ford dealer said my van was made in GB. Will ask them to check next time it goes in.

If you look at the Vin number, if it has TTT in the middle, that denotes Turkish built.

Brom

Archived