Uk Fuel Prices

kelly58

I have recieved an e-mail regarding the high prices of fuel although the oil prices are low but the government will do nothing about reducing prices as they are happy to be taking more income from fuel taxes.Instead of a total boycott of the pumps as was previously suggested and would not work as we all have to buy fuel to run our vehicles , it is suggested that everyone boycott BP and Esso the 2 big players in the fuel market so once they see a massive fall in their pump sales they will have no alternative but to reduce prices and then the other companies will follow suite ,so lets all get our fuel from our local supermarkets and boycott the major players in the fuel industry ,

Cheaper HA HA. Fuel tax is set to increase again on the 1st of April set against the rate of inflation what is it today around 3.5% and then there is Vat on top of that.....Whoops there go another flight of pigs passed my window :'( :-(

It's worse than Ham posted.

On 1st April 2011, Fuel Tax is set to go up by inflation + 1penny, on top of that VAT will be applied.

So today's local Petrol price £1.269, (although I'm not sure of the current current FuelTax element.)

But for calculations sake lets say:-

Petrol ex Refinery =£0.70 ppl

Fuel Tax c £0.35ppl

VAT c£0.21 ppl

April price rise will comprise of the just published RPI 4.8% +1p + VAT @20% = I anticipate increase will be >5pence/litre 

(Note although the Index for increases has changed from RPI to the CPI, it does not appear to be the case regarding the Fuel Tax index)

So it appears that if it may cost the Exchequer - apply the lower of the two Indices, if it's going to increase income to the Exchequer apply the higher of the two indices. A nice little hidden supple manipulation, me thinks. 

Therefore excluding allowing for any increase of the base cost of Crude Oil, we have:-

Petrol ex Refinery =£0.70 ppl

Fuel Tax c £0.35ppl+ 4.8% + 1ppl =£0.3765

So Petrol & Fuel Tax will = £1.0765

VAT then @ 20% of the above = £0.22

Gives us an April price c£1.30

Visit this website & sign the Fuel petition:-

http://fairfueluk.com/index.html

Unless the Government do an about turn & defer the April rise the economic recovery for the UK will be seriously jeopardised.

"So today's local Petrol price £1.269"

Where is that?

Today at Caenby Corner £1.319 and at the M18 / M180 Services £1.389 which makes all the other figures even worse.

I must get off to Spain for some cheap (er) fuel.

Oops sorry thems Diesel prices

Have alook news story a Gulf garage in Cardiff is selling diesel at £145.9. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/01/21/cardiff-petrol-station-s-fuel-prices-among-highest-in-uk-91466-28030099/ Gulf are delivering is fuel from from Birmingham at a cost of £1500. Where as before they delivered it from Cardiff docks at £300 or £400.. Just 5 miles away. However down at pembroke were there is a large refinery the locals get to pay the same price as if the fuel was delivered 200 miles away or 10m to thier local garages. Looks like the suppliers are ripping of the Garages as well as us.. I now shop around the supermarkets And get the best price i can and hopefully some points in return. Now where is my Donkey and cart...Phil

I put a note on the other thread about fuel prices as well, but just in case this is useful:

If anyone is looking for cheap fuel near the M1 / M25 interchange, continue a few miles South down the M1 to junction 5, Watford; double back up the A41 for about half a mile and there is a roundabout with Sainsbury, Asda and Shell garages on the corners. They generally tend to match each others prices (even Shell, they can do it if they need to) and normally offer the cheapest fuel for miles around.

Currently £124.9 for petrol and £127.9 for diesel. Not sure how these prices compare nationally.

Thanks for the pointer flicka, Just signed.

Ham, I won't be filling up @ £145.9 a Lt, but I know what you mean :-D

Around here all the petrol stations selling diesel to-day at £1.329 a Ltr. That's 5 station's + 2 supermarket's both  (Tesco's)  Where's the competition? I use Tesco's just to get the points.

Dave

Just think how much tax they lost by people giving up smoking.

The loss from tobacco is all being loaded onto the motorist because they are the easiest target.

Maybe if the MPs had to pay for their own petrol the cost wouldn't go up so fast. I assume they can claim it all on expenses ( paid by us).

:-(

Local Garages, Diesel Jet £133.9 Esso £134.9,     We will Limit our touring in this country now ,But will go across the Channel more, the Taxman can have the proceeds from a tank full of Diesel which will get me down to Dover, after that the French Will get it plus our holiday spends, a full tank in Calais will get me back home, then  the same again, I Now only Put £10 worth of Diesel in the Car at a time where I used to fill up before. on an MP,s Salary the fuel rises,just means a higher expenses claim.

Oh to be young enough to Emigrate.

Some of my familly are ng driving back up from a Ski holiday down in the French alps at the moment they are at citie europe Calais,diesel there is E1.20 or £1.083 at local exchange rate. They say they have paid up to E1.35 Told them to fill up before catching the shutttle..But dont forget my cheese.....

malc d - 2011-01-21 1:48 PM

Just think how much tax they lost by people giving up smoking.

The loss from tobacco is all being loaded onto the motorist because they are the easiest target.

Maybe if the MPs had to pay for their own petrol the cost wouldn't go up so fast. I assume they can claim it all on expenses ( paid by us).

:-(

It doesn't seem to matter whether they can or can't claim on expenses-they do!!

Duck house, video rental, Pizza, pond cleaning all spring to mind-what difference would a drop of Diesel make. Still it is cheaper then beer I suppose. Or whisky in the case of the goverment

Archived