Cardiff Caravan Park - Incorrect Information

Cattwg

In December there were posts complaining of inaccurate information being given regarding pitch availability at the Cardiff Caravan Park. So, being a resident I e-mailed the Council. I mentioned the bad publicity for Cardiff and the otherwise good comments about the site. Their reply is below. Hopefully accurate information will be given in future.

""Thank you for your e mail dated 17th December, 2010 outlining your concerns about the information being given out pertaining to future caravan site bookings. I apologise for my delayed response.

It was with disappointment that I read the contents of your email and I can understand the frustration members of the public must feel at receiving inaccurate information. I accept the confusion this may have caused. In view of this matter, staff have been reminded of the need to convey correct information and to do so in a positive and customer friendly manner.

Thank you for including the kinder comment relating to another member of staff and the additional e mail extract from another customer praising this site.

I hope this experience does not deter customers from visiting this popular site in the future. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I apologise once again for the delay in replying to you.

Yours sincerely,

Adam.

ADAM BEACH

SPORT & FACILITIES MANAGER - PARKS""

Cattwg :-D

scramblers - 2010-12-09 5:59 PM

While we were touring around Tenby at the beginning of October I phoned the site to try and make the booking for this coming weekend (I had picked up some leaflets advertising a couple of shows that the better half had wanted to see). The man who answered said that they were fully booked for every weekend until the middle of January. Needless to say the wife was very disappointed.

When I returned home a week later and having given it some thought ie how can a site be fully booked for months over winter, I phoned again. This time a delightful lady said that there were plenty of available pitches that weekend and would I like to reserve one.

Being a council run site and hearing stories about council workers it makes you wonder what's going on!

I feel it may have been my post that prompted your note to the council.

We have stopped on this site twice and each time we found that the site was run very efficiently, we were treated very curtiously by friendly staff and we throughly enjoyed by our visits. Please do not be put off visiting by a single negative comment - it is an excellent site, in an ideal location for a visit to the capital of Wales.

scramblers - 2011-01-21 10:41 AM

I feel it may have been my post that prompted your note to the council.

Hi Scrambles,

Yes it was your post that prompted my action. I felt that the errors reflected badly on Cardiff.

Hopefully the Council's reply is not just 'management speak'.

Glad you enjoyed your last visit.

Cattwg :-D

We decided to visit the Welsh Caravan & Motorhome show t'other weekend and rang on the previous Monday to check availability.

We got in no problem and told our friends who decided to accompany us.

They couldn't get through and left 3 messages on answerphone.

Cardiff rang back following day to say site fully booked.

Following day again, they rang to say there had been a cancellation and offered the space, which my friends gladly took.

Greeted on site by very friendly and helpful warden (Charlotte) and shown to pitches, which she'd juggled around to have us both adjacent.

Although Charlotte finished work at 5, she left envelopes on the reception door for late comers to know what pitch they were on. One family arrived from Yorkshire but found no envelope for them. However there was one pitch vacant, which they took. When they spoke to Charlotte the following morning they were told that she had emailed them to say the site was full.

Apparently they had left before the email arrived but without checking confirmation. Luckily, someone else had not bothered to turn up without cancelling, which helped the situation.

I felt that the service provided was genuine and perhaps let down only by the fact that Charlotte had too much of a workload on her own, to constantly man the phone, computer, reception desk and cleaning duties etc.

Although the site was very wet, given that parts of the city were flooded, we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend there and will not hesitate to return when possible. Given that the site was fully booked on a wet miserable January weekend, I think that in itself shows that it's a popular site indeed.

Archived