Manchester Caravan and Motorhome show

harycadbtopenworld.

I noticed an advert recently, saying that this was the greatest North West Caravan and Motorhome show. Well if this is all we can organise, I despair.

The venue is just not big enough to show off all the new models and accessories that we are used to seeing at other shows. I paid out my entrance fee and was back out on the street after about two hours.

Did any other members attend the show?

The venue is big enough if they didnt fill it with statics, it always been the same as far as lack of motorhomes go. A couple of years ago for 1 year only it did improve. Definitely not a show to pay for entry. We get free tickets, go in then "do the shops" as you say a couple of hours in there is too much.

Manchester Show was the first one I have been to so do not have a benchmark tp judge.

We went as a family with the grand children on Saturday. I totally agree it was so cramped it has put me off going to another one of the many that are organised. I came out of the show thinking they should have paid me for attending.

One of the stall holders told me that they had to pay the same at Manchester as they do at the NEC . A rip off all round, typical of Britain I am sorry to say

Had the same experience at the recent Welsh Caravan & Motorhome show in Cardiff. Really disappointed at the relatively small number of 'vans on show. I'd never been to the International Arena before and it really isn't big enough for a show such as this. 2 hours max for £7.50 didn't seem good value. Although I did get the thermal teapot I'd been looking ages for.

Now I come to think of it, the teapot actually cost me £7.50 x 2 + £8.99 =

£23.99. *-) Could have got a solid silver one for that price. :-(

Hi,

Yes, my wife and I attended along with my brother and his wife.

Thought the show was pretty poor all round, think maybe it suffers from the closeness of the large Birmingham show next month. Exhibitors may feel it is not worth paying the fees for both. Spoke to a rep. we know and he confirmed that not much was moving in the way of sales etc.

cheers

derek

We visited the show last Friday and was very disappointed, as has been mentioned a lot of the floor area was taken up with static holiday homes. One dealer I have spoken to since said that they don't attend because of the cost and the response. For what it cost to get in and the expensive food and drink that was on offer plus the hellish traffic situation around the motorway network getting there and going home in the evening doesn't inspire anyone to attend. That is the last time for us. If Campbells and Glossop caravans hadn't been there I think it would have been called

off, maybe the manufacturers offered them some sort of incentive to to go.

Here here!

We attended on Saturday and were disappointed with what was on offer. The busiest area seemed to be to look inside the 5th wheel vehicle.

We spent nothing at the show, however the entrance fees; food & drink parking and fuel made it an expensive day out and a waste of 6 hrs!

It will be a long time before we go there again.

I agree that it probably suffers by being near to the NEC dates and obviously the NEC has much more space to play with.

I won some tickets so we went on Friday, but I'm glad we didn't pay to get in, it was £8 on the door. Very disappointed, a lot of statics and caravans. A couple of years ago it seemed to be getting better and they had quite a few motorhomes, but not this time.

Ina.

I overlooked to mention the car park cost so on top of what we shelled out it turned out to be a very expensive day out. We have booked on the Caravan Club site at the NEC for 3 days so that we can have a good look round without rushing from hall to hall and be able to take in all the manufacturers new models. We will always be loyal to Autotrail because of the build quality and the after sales service that you receive. If we decide to do a deal it will be one of those.

HI again,

I also forgot to mention the car park. People were being given discount vouchers for reductions in the parking fee, these voucher had to be franked before leaving the hall. We duly had our voucher authorised but when we arrived at the ticket machine and entered our parking ticket, no reduction was made, could not do anything about it as the ticket was stuck in the machine. Paid the full amount £10.80 and left. In future will just wait for the NEC show.

derek

rolandrat - 2011-01-25 7:43 PM

I overlooked to mention the car park cost so on top of what we shelled out it turned out to be a very expensive day out. We have booked on the Caravan Club site at the NEC for 3 days so that we can have a good look round without rushing from hall to hall and be able to take in all the manufacturers new models. We will always be loyal to Autotrail because of the build quality and the after sales service that you receive. If we decide to do a deal it will be one of those.

You do know that the Caravan Club 'temporary' campsite fee does NOT include entrance to the show don't you ... ! 8-)

• 3 weeks later...
I went on Friday after 5.00 pm. Free entry. Car parking cost £0.85p on a meter. Very poor in our opinion (4 of us) I bought some MER polish. Very dissapointing. I had a shopping list. No bargains to be had for us. I shall wait till the Cheshire show.

on the positive side

it IS well placed for a stroll around Castlefields, explore the canals,

the Town Hall is very impressive,

even wander down into the shopping area

and a few years ago [last time we went anyway] go for a pint of Chesters

Archived