water pressure

gadget 53

is it just me or has anybody else ever suffered from low water pressure at the sink tap only? I've got a hymer t655 tramp and just recently seem to be experiencing lower output at the sink.b'room shower,b'room sink,are fine,there are no airlocks in the system,and the pump is ok,i've tried an identical brand new one as a control.could i put a more powerful pump in the system.?

Possibilities are that the sink tap is partially obstructed, possibly limescale, that the water pipe to the kitchen area has developed a kink, restricting flow, or that the distance from pump to kitchen tap is excessive compared to washroom taps, so friction reducing flow.  Only the latter case would be improved by a more powerful pump.  Since the problem seems to have developed recently, FWIW, my money is on a kinked pipe.

Having resolved similar issues on Hymers in the past I'd go with Brian's first suggestion ony I'd add insects to limescale, mosquitoes in particular seem to like laying their eggs in Hymer kitchen taps. Flush the system with vinegar to start with as that will clear a lot of limescale, white wine vinegar is generally recomended but my experience is that any vinegar will do the trick. the last Hymer I sorted out I poured three litres of malt vinegar into half a tank of water then ran the pump till all taps smelt strongly of vinegar, then switched the heater on for half an hour or so. Let it all stand for an hour or so then run it through and flush with lots of fresh water. Vinegar smells but it at least non toxic.

D.

Hi,

If the pump is like mine (ie submersible in the tank)

At the top of the tank is a screw cap that the pump is connected to. the pump hangs from this cap to the bottom of the tank. It is only pushed on to the cap and worked loose with movement. This cause the pump to lose pressure by water escaping back into the tank when being run. The shower and bath sink are near the pump and work ok. The sink being further away and more resistance in the pipe lost pressure.

The pipe won,t come off as the pump is sat on the tank floor its just a loose fit hence it continues to work but not properly

Hope this makes sense

Richard

Archived