small scottish ferries

patti08

patti08 - 2011-01-26 4:38 PM

Can anyone tell me if motorhomes are accepted on these ferries Fishnish on the isle of Mull to Lochaline & Corran ferry.

Thanks

We have a 6 metre motorhome and used the Lochaline to Fishnish ferry in 2009.

I suggest that you have a look at the timetables on the Caledonian Ferries website as I think they indicate fares for different sizes of vehicles.

Hi,

Lochaline Fishnish takes up to 10 metres (according to the timetable where they quote a fare for up to this length anyway)

This is run by Cal-mac www.calmac.co.uk

Corran ferry is as I recall run by the Highland Council and work was being done on the slipway last year which put a restriction on the weigh it could carry but this work was due to be completed in January 2011.

Athough not run by them, the Cal-mac website includes the Corran ferry timetable as a service to its customers and although it doesn't mention motorhomes it does have a fare for a caravan so I suspect the answer is yes but better check just in case.

Hopefully this is helpful enjoy Mull and Lochaber.

:-)

bakersboy - 2011-01-26 8:04 PM In a nutshell, yes to both. I am fairly sure I was on the Corran ferry at the same time as an articulated truck. This is quite a good size ferry although it is quite a short trip. Stuart

....like this?

(It's a coachbuilt - not mine - behind the logger).

Corran.jpg.cb49d27ea5f6a2b06c194a72cd3019cc.jpg

Archived