Javea { overnight ]

hymer1942

Hi Barrie -

We live in Orba, not a million miles from Javea; and we do pop over there every now and then.

Haven't seen any MH's at the far end of the arenal in Javea recently.......but no reason why you can't overnight anywhere along that Arenal zone road, as since they did it up last year there are loads of designated parking spaces along both sides of it...........and the Spanish national law says that so long as you don't "camp" (put out awnings, chairs etc), and your MH takes up no greater a footprint than when empty, and it discharges no liquids, you can park it anywhere that it is legal to park other cars/vehicles overnight whilst you sleep within it.

Incidentally, weather here on the Costa Blanca this morning has broken last night: the long-trumpeted bad weather has swept across us it's now freezing cold this morning (about 4 degrees) and raining.

If it's better further South at the moment, you might want to stay down there a few more days and keep an eye on the forecasts

hymer1942 - 2011-01-27 6:39 AM

Good morning all, I am right on the beach at Camping Bon Repose at Santa sussana, next week moving down to Mojaca, does anyone know if it is still possible to overnight behind the flats at the far end of Javea not far from Scollaps. Thanks in advance Barrie

Hi there. The short answer is yes, I was there on Jan 3rd 2011. The car park has been resurfaced and is much better although they have taken down the very bright floolights the free camp is still well lit.

Don't forget you can free camp at Denia, there 5th Jan, Calpe there 13th to 16th Dec 2010 and Moraira there 4th Jan. There is also free camping at Oliva.

After the HCI rally at El Cantal in Mojacar you could try Antonios cafe further down the coast. Don't believe anyone who says its no go, we were there on 11th Dec would have stayed longer but we had things to do.

Give our regards to Nick & Shirl, from Tony & Sue. When you get to Mojacar give the same to Trev & Edna please.

Safe travelling.

starvin marvin - 2011-01-27 12:18 PM

hymer1942 - 2011-01-27 6:39 AM

Hi Tony, as I said parked next to Nick and Shil, just back from a coach trip to Barcalona and leave here next week, will pass on regards all the best Barrie.

Good morning all, I am right on the beach at Camping Bon Repose at Santa sussana, next week moving down to Mojaca, does anyone know if it is still possible to overnight behind the flats at the far end of Javea not far from Scollaps. Thanks in advance Barrie

Hi there. The short answer is yes, I was there on Jan 3rd 2011. The car park has been resurfaced and is much better although they have taken down the very bright floolights the free camp is still well lit.

Don't forget you can free camp at Denia, there 5th Jan, Calpe there 13th to 16th Dec 2010 and Moraira there 4th Jan. There is also free camping at Oliva.

After the HCI rally at El Cantal in Mojacar you could try Antonios cafe further down the coast. Don't believe anyone who says its no go, we were there on 11th Dec would have stayed longer but we had things to do.

Give our regards to Nick & Shirl, from Tony & Sue. When you get to Mojacar give the same to Trev & Edna please.

Safe travelling.

hymer1942 - 2011-01-27 6:11 PM

Thanks to all for replies, will proceed down to Javea next week and hopefully eat at Scollops. Nick and Shirley parked right next to us here at Malgrat. Regards Barrie

Enjoy it Barrie, they are still giving away a bottle of wine/person. Not the best, but damn good value.

We'll probably meet some time at a HCI rally.

hymer1942 - 2011-01-27 6:11 PM

Thanks to all for replies, will proceed down to Javea next week and hopefully eat at Scollops. Nick and Shirley parked right next to us here at Malgrat. Regards Barrie

From memory, I think it's "Scallops".......still doing the free bottle of plonk...

Archived