"Strikeback T " -Alarm questions?

pepe63xnotuse

Hi all..

I wonder if a fellow owner could answer a couple of questions before I start pestering Vanbitz? :-S

Our van came has a "Strikeback T" alarm(..fitted by Vanbitz for the previous owner)and I would like to fit an additional external LED.

Does anyone know how best I could do this?..could I just splice into the wire feeding an existing LED or would it need to come from the alarm unit somehow?

Secondly,a folder that came with the van containing all the handbooks etc,also conatined what looks to me like,a trailer plug attached to a long length of white,thickish "bell wire" type cable,with each of the two wires having a square black plug attached(one male,one female)..Now I'd always assumed that this was a Chausson item,possibly to run an external water pump,however,reading through all the alarm bumpf,it makes reference to an "external loop",so I'm wondering if this is what this might be for?(..well,we have had the van for more than a year now,so I thought it was about time I maybe read through some of the handbooks! (lol) )

There is a trailer type socket under the rear of the van but again I'd just assumed this was a Chausson fitment(..especially as it's buried right under the van and you'd need to crawl underneath to get to it!)

Thanks for any comments(..I may regret saying that.. ;-) )

Chris

Plan B

I put a permanent flashing LED in the awning light. (Ex Halfords)

So the LED flashed even if I forgot to set the alarm.

Click ere

Could be wired up without a 12 V battery !

Rgds

Meant to add the bits you think are for an eternal pump are for a closed loop alarm that is threaded through the bikes or around a trailer fitting and works with the strike back alarm.

Plug the loop plug into the socket under the m/home, uncouple the connectors on the wire, wind the wiresaround thebikes / trailer and reconnect.

There should be a small rocker switch in the glove box or in the side panel by the passenger door that switches the circuit on and off.

Idea being if the loop is broken the alarm is sounded

Rgds

Thanks for that!..although I'll have to have a rummage around for that switch,as I can't say that we've noticed one so far... :-S

Also the extra external LED would be fitted by the habitation door(..as it's not unheard of for us(..okay ME!) to open the side door without switching the alarm off.. :$

1. The cable with plug is for wrapping round say a bike and it then becomes part of the alarm system.

2. You do however have to activate a small rocker switch for this to happen. The switch may be in either the glove box or under the dash.

The two steps above have to be done before arming the system and the system has to be disarmed before reversing the procedure 1 and 2.

I've just been out with the torch..and I've found that rocker switch!..a neat little round switch,on the lower lefthand side of the dash(..I'd never noticed it before :$ )

I'll have a play with that lead tomorrow(..although the socket underneath,is a real pain to get to... :-S )

Just need to sort out an extra LED now.... ;-)

Pepe63

The LED that are fitted with the Strikeback are 1.7v You can splice it into the existing wires to one of the other LEDs that are part of the Alarm system.

Have you notified Van Bitz that you are the new owner of the Vehicle, then they can advise you in future if you have any problems with the Alarm ie:- losing the key fob or other malfunction.

I had a problem with a LED that had failed I e-mailed Nick and had a reply promptly and he sent me another LED to fit myself.

Very helpful people

David

Thanks David..

No,I havn't notified them yet,as until I'd fully read the paperwork yesterday(..after having it over a year! :$ )I hadn't realised that needed doing..

That's something I'll get on to....

..and thanks for the info on the LED(..I'll also mention about that when I email them).

I had a play with the external loop thingy..and that works great!..although perhaps it would've been better if I hadn't have been laying down under the rear of the van,with my head next to the siren,when I tried it out!?! *-)

Chris - I just found the same thing on my 2005 Benimar - I wondered what the mystery switch was in the glove box! ( see post 23/10/11"Fiat Ducato 2005, Benimar Perseo 710CCX - mystery switch?"

I phoned Van Bitz & they were really helpful - It will cost you to re-register the system - they are in Taunton and will do a full check for you, including the electric system if you want.

I will probably book in for this when next going down that way

http://www.vanbitz.com/

Regards

Jeremy

2005 Benimar Perseo 710CCX

Just had the updated certificate back from Vanbitz..very prompt service! :-)

Unfortunately,as it's already got two external LEDs,they say I can't fit an additional one without them all dimming.So a booster would also need to be fitted.

..and it doesn't sound as if fitting that extra plug in the "closed loop" would be a problem,although all they suggest is to leave the loop plugged in at all times!

(..that's not really practical for us,as we don't have a rear cycle rack/box and I was just going to use it to secure the gas stove,bbq etc,when set up on site).

Chris

Well,I intended to just cut the existing "loop" lead, leave it plugged in(cable tied/waxoiled)and use it as short extension spur,feeding a more conveniently positioned socket(..if that makes sense?.. :-S )

I just wanted to check with Vanbitz that I wouldn't be interfering with something "technical " first..

Edit: Oops! Wrong/overlapping threads, Sorry!

I've just realised that I've just been wafflin' on about a topic that I'd raised on a different thread("12v plug/socket" over in Tips)... :$

Archived