Caravan & Motorhome Show at Exeter

Cattwg

South West Caravan & Motorhome Show at Westpoint Exeter (Fri 11th, Sat 12th and Sun 13th February 2011).

Does anyone have any experience of this particular show please? Is it a large show? Could we expect to see many ‘vans – both new and second hand. We are looking to change our panel van conversion and so would be interested from a motorhome viewpoint.

We are thinking of attending but as it’s a round trip of 220 miles we don’t want to waste our time. Or diesel!

It’s being staged by Apple Tree Exhibitions & Shows, a company I had not previously heard of.

Cattwg :-D

I have been to the show a couple of times. About 50% is outdoors, some new stuff is indoors and a lot of second hand stuff is outside. Can be a bit bleak in the winter. I wont go again.

I think it is about £6 to get in and there is no facility to pay by card, only cash, although that may have changed.

It is nothing like the Nec. I would not drive 200 miles to go to it, but I will be going that distance to go to the Nec later on in Feb.

I hope that helps and dont mean to be gloomy :-D

Chudders - 2011-01-28 3:39 PM

Went last year, not a very big show, saw everything I was interested in in a couple of hours. Some inside and some outside. We stayed in the motorhome with one of the clubs.

Then why not dwell a wee while and explore Exeter afterwards. There are several park and ride and I can assure you it is well worth a visit. If anyone would like more details send me a pm.

Roy Fuller

I live near Exeter.

This part of the UK has been completely devoid of investment as successive governments have invested elsewhere in the UK and the private sector has recognised that this is no place to make money.

There's not a lot to do in the winter.

Even the fallback - shopping in Exeter is an uncomfortable experience as you have to dodge the traffic and the only traffic free shopping precinct (Princesshay) is a bit of a joke - small and the kind of shops that mainly sell overpriced designer gear. There are a few nice towns round and about but at this time of the year many give the appearance of being closed.

There are of course a few nice beach resorts but not at this time of the year. This is good walking country but too cold for many in February.

As for the show itself; its small very small. I might go but last year I struggled to spend more than an hour to see everything. Its about one third of the size of the winter Shepton Mallet experience.

My advice is don't visit the show if you have high expectations of going elsewhere afterwards as this part of the world tends to only awake from its slumber when the warmer weather arrives. Even if that happens don't forget your brolly.

We were in Exeter today. It was so cold we bought a fire. Yes really, its why we went.

Its been a good while since we spent any time in our county town but intend to make a sightseeing trip as soon as it warms up. Despite Hitlers best efforts there is still a lot of historic building just off the main streets.

As we get to Warners shows we have not bothered with this local one.

Archived