Timberland/Truma Gas Space Heaters

Robingreathead

It's also interesting to go chasing the references from this document, which strongly infer that the German regulations are contained in a document "DVGW arbeitsblatt G 607", setting out gas standards for vehicles including motorhomes.

The technical nature of it defeats my schoolboy German, but if we are to believe Mr Google's translation - which even I can tell is not good -, then the regulations are fairly lightweight (and probably reflect the German legal requirement for bi-annual inspection).

There is, however, a sentence relevant to this debate "Werden Geräte mit Abgasabführung unter Boden eingebaut, dürfen im Fahrzeugboden keine Öffnungen vorhanden sein, durch die Abgase in das Fahrzeuginnere gelangen können." - which basically says that if there is an appliance that exhausts through the floor, then there can be no openings in the floor through which the exhaust gases can enter the vehicle. i.e. the requirement is part of the regulations in Germany, and not simply the Truma installation instructions. 

Archived