Brownhills-----a result

starvin marvin

I've now been reimbursed my costs (many hundreds of £'s) for dealing with necessary urgent repairs under the warranty on the van, managed by.....don't laugh..."Fiat Care".

Despite my doubts and the best part of a year, that is from the very first fault, I've just put the cheque in the bank.

So I'm generally satisfied with the outcome, but disappointed with the time its taken.

Just felt I had to share this occasion.

Guest Tracker

A result at least if not one that Brownhills or Fiat could be proud of!

BIG questions are - do you like your Fiat, would you buy another Fiat and if you did would it be from Brownhills?

On a recent thread, along the lines of .....Why Buy a Fiat?"... basically I replied...no way,. I would not buy another Fiat, I've had two and thats enough for anyone.

Would I buy from Brownhills again? possibly yes. This is the second one I've had from them and its been a grind, to finally get a proper response. When I think about it my conclusion is that its more likely to be a history of bumbling incompetance, rather than (I hope) malicious imcompetance.

If they could just get their customer care values sorted, life for everyone would be better. To be fair after a change of personnel, everything picked up, moved at pace and the matter was resolved.

I live in the East Mids, they are very convenient for me and I was there on Sunday and the stock levels are back up again, not Hymers so much but it seems loads of Autotrails, and lots of punters. So good luck to them. It will take a long time to win back some lost customers thats for sure. To use an Americanism ...Yesterday is history, tomorrows a mystery.

JudgeMental - 2011-02-01 3:08 PM

also.......was this a court case?

Certainly not, never even mentioned, with business its always best to agree a resolution, take it on the chin if you have to, which Brownhills did. Shake hands on it (which we haven't done yet, but will when we meet) and look happy.

Brownhills and I, have on a small scale, a long standing business relationship, which we would both, I'm sure, like to continue. It was in both our interests to resolve the matter. Again to be fair they had agreed acceptance of my claims, months ago but processing them was problematic and challenging.

Putting money into lawyers hands is best avoided if you can.

Archived