Why not start a POI file for Laundrys?There very usful

Alf Stonehouse

:-D As ive been traveling through France ive had to do my washing :-( :-S But to do a big wash a washing machine is best.Also while parked in the center of town a drier :-D *-) As washing on a line may not be welcome

I have found several laundry some of which are better avoided unless desperate 8-)

There are no lists of Laundries nor POIs for laundries anywhere :-( couldnt this forum start one?? I can list a couple one good one bad *-)

Guest Tracker

Many larger campsites have them and will let you use them for a fee if you are not staying overnight - but it helps if you speak the lingo!

Another good source of Laundrettes is boating marinas - especially where there are lots of boats - not so much use inland though unless close to a large river or lake!

We use an ex army plastic container with a screw on lid, about 8 ltrs.

Washing goes in, water and detergent and we drive along with it in the garage.

When we stop it's nicely washed. Rinse and hang in the shower.

Have you seen the price of Laundrettes in France? Sacre bleu!

H

Guest Tracker

I, on the other hand, being a proper gentleman have more consideration for my wife that to expect her to do washing whilst we are both on holiday!

Tracker - 2011-02-02 3:04 PM

I, on the other hand, being a proper gentleman have more consideration for my wife that to expect her to do washing whilst we are both on holiday!

no tracker 8-) you misunderstand.. thats where our portable washer goes :-) shes called candy... the missus sits in the back (lol)

jon

silverback - 2011-02-02 3:14 PM

Tracker - 2011-02-02 3:04 PM

no tracker 8-) you misunderstand.. thats where our portable washer goes :-) shes called candy... the missus sits in the back (lol)

jon

soz meant to say the wife sits in the back doing the ironing *-) (lol)

Off you go then and get started. We use self service launderettes all the time, relatively easy to find in France but hard to find in Spain or Portugal. Always nice to treat the social secretary to a morning out.

I love them, reminds me of going to the "Bendix" as my mum called it. Take a book and while away a bit of time.

Reply s are much as id expected :-S

I shall put a note "wanted a female to do washing cleaning & knock up curtains" *-)

Campings are closed. Ports dont have laundry's Cannes Nice Menton StTropez Grimaud Cogolin Sète palavas none have washing facilities for cloths and the showers are locked with a weekly code

If a register were set up then we could check by region ,post code? or position or name of place to see not only where the nearest laundry might be but read comments on its use

*-)

Alf Stonehouse - 2011-02-03 10:19 AM

Reply s are much as id expected :-S

I shall put a note "wanted a female to do washing cleaning & knock up curtains" *-)

Campings are closed. Ports dont have laundry's Cannes Nice Menton StTropez Grimaud Cogolin Sète palavas none have washing facilities for cloths and the showers are locked with a weekly code

If a register were set up then we could check by region ,post code? or position or name of place to see not only where the nearest laundry might be but read comments on its use

*-)

If you are already in that area why not go and stay at Cap D'Agde then you won't need any clothes washing? :->

Guest pelmetman

Alf if you are having problems with washing laundry can I suggest not letting it build up. If you do it daily or every other day you'll find it much easier. A lot of washing powders will get your clothes perfectly clean washing in cold water, either do it in your sink or buy a bucket.

If you only have a few things to dry each day can't you hang them up in your shower compartment.

Sue

We've got a little travelling twin tub washer/spinner. When on tour we go to a site once a week for two nights and do our washing then. It cost us £80, or there abouts, and has paid for itself in one 5 month tour. We worked out we saved about 12 Euros a week on site laundry prices for the tour.

Well worth the investment for anyone long term touring or full timing IMHO.

pelmetman - 2011-02-03 6:11 PM Alf if you are having problems with washing laundry can I suggest not letting it build up. If you do it daily or every other day you'll find it much easier. A lot of washing powders will get your clothes perfectly clean washing in cold water, either do it in your sink or buy a bucket. If you only have a few things to dry each day can't you hang them up in your shower compartment. Sue

And Sue maybe able to help with the curtains, if she can't, I think she knows a man that can. :-D

Dave

B-) Its only for winter,i do do some washing but a machine is better & drier.

The last days have been summer 20c!Im in Cahors and just heard i dont have to be back until April 8-)

With this weather ill stop on a "closed" aire where no one minds washing drying;this is a wonderful time to travel lots & lots of GB campers one arrived last night let two huge dogs out(from a camping car smaller than mine 8-) )

They saw i was also GB didnt say hello,just sat in the driving seats facing forward smoking cigarettes,later as dusk fell i was closing up when i saw the man standing by a tree looking into my camper :-|

Odd types about :-D Otherwise a supper time :-D

If you get to Cahors the cafe opposite the tourist office has wi-fi & good coffee for 1€ :-D :-D Thats where i am now;i also ate a chocolate cake 8-) :-S Was very nice unfortunatly :-S

This site is usefull in the UK

http://www.moreuk.com/laundrette

Abroad we just find a Municipal or other camping site.

We spend about 8€ a fourtnight (two washes whites & coloured) on site over the winter. Always good drying weather here in Spain.

In the UK it costs us about £10 per month for washing and drying in laundrettes.

John

Archived