Ducato recalls help please?

terryW

After having had a good old search of previous threads and the web as a whole i still can't find detailed info on two recalls outstanding on my x250. One is a software update (that's frightening to start with) but probable will make no difference to me the other refers to 'side flashings' and I have no idea what these are. Can anyone shed any light on these or point me in the right direction please, neither appears to be on the DVLA web site

Thanks Andy, that's moved me on.  Looks as if the side flashings are also called side markers and are in fact side reflectors.  The second one looks like a software change associated with 'Fuel Flushing'. Anyway now booked into local dealer. Many thanks

How did you find out about the specific works required? I've logged onto the Fiat site - entered my chassis number etc - and was advised that some non safety related issues needed to be resolved. To obtain details the site gave a toll free phone number in Italy.

I telephoned that number and was advised to contact my local Fiat dealer who in all probability will not have a clue.

Mike88 - 2011-02-02 2:28 PM I telephoned that number and was advised to contact my local Fiat dealer who in all probability will not have a clue.

Much the same, the person on the end of the phone was 'non technical' phoned my local dealer and must have got the manager as he was also 'non technical'. 

So I've taken a chance and booked it in for next week and will give the workshop the first degree before I let them start.

I think in my case one is a side reflector and the other is a software change to the fuel management but I expect it may well turn out to be completely different because they have allowed a workshop time of 1.5-2.0 hours

On the other side forum

editted

"Fiat is recalling some of its X250 Ducato vans and chassis cabs -  the bolts connecting the vehicle's engine to its transmission problem can cause gear change difficulties.

Fiat UK is offering the fix, and has been getting in touch with affected customers.

This is not a safety recall, it will not be listed on the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) recall database. 

Owners of X250 Ducatos with 2.3-litre or 3.0-litre engines, within the chassis number range 1614651 - 1907289, contact their local dealer to determine if their vehicle is affected

Just had mine in for this latest recall. It is to re-torque the bolts connecting the gearbox to the engine. 1/2 an hour job if all the bolts are there except in my case one of the bolts was missing! The van is less than 12mths old with 3k miles on so i would get it checked out asap.

Found out about the recall purely by chance and haven't heard a thing from Fiat.

terryW - 2011-02-02 11:44 AM

After having had a good old search of previous threads and the web as a whole i still can't find detailed info on two recalls outstanding on my x250. One is a software update (that's frightening to start with) but probable will make no difference to me the other refers to 'side flashings' and I have no idea what these are. Can anyone shed any light on these or point me in the right direction please, neither appears to be on the DVLA web site

Work completed this morning and both recalls were software updates. The interesting point is that neither are on the DVLA site but one was a change to the operation of the indicators while the engine is switched off. Apparently this is to make it compliant with the highway code. I would have thought that a vehicle that could not comply with the highway code was safety hazard and should be on the DVLA site.

Still I now know that 'flashings' is the Anglo-Italian for indicators.

Archived