Winter travels with a camping car are super fun

Alf Stonehouse

The economic & health benefits of exploring by mobile-home.Last night in the centre of a large historic town, parked on platform 1 of the main station i decided that23/ 28€ for dinner was not an option given my fragile travel budget

I walked into town where i found fresh salad & a fish shop.Having bought truffles the weekend before id marinated salmon & added truffles to good olive oil.I found a white linen table cloth laid silver cutlery & drank a glass of good champagne from a glass id found at local market

A wonderful dinner in a calm atmosphere with a veiw of the town beyond the station,the expensive restaurant was on the main road while my camping car was well away from the noise of traffic and press of people out to enjoy their Friday night

My new inside/outside temperature gauge bought yesterday from Lidl just one mile or less from hear has been showing 8/10c outside(21c inside) i decided not to do any washing, with 10 degrees i have more things i can wear,life travelling through France in a comfortable campingcar isn't to to bad :-)

Sounds wonderful Alf, please keep posting about your travels.

One of the things I most enjoy about touring in the MH is finding local ingredients and making the most of them and I could almost smell your (motor) home made truffle oil.

In a way, most of us are actually driving about in "expensive restaurants" complete with "terrasse" alongside our very own "Cafe Royale" so we might as well use them as such!

Bob

Guest pelmetman

Its nice to see someone else enjoys the finer things in life, along with proper cutlery (we prefer bone handled) and real glasses along with china plates and have a nice starched table cloth onboard :D

None of that melaware c***p and plastic glasses ;-)

Archived