Cab external blinds

Mike P

Try Silver Products. Their's has a mesh screen under the outer, so you can pull the screen down and see out (and no-one can see in!) :-D

It fits very well and seems to insulate the cab as well as my previous Taylor Made.

I paid just under a ton (incl. next day recorded delivery), and am very happy with it...

Have had both and they are the same material / construction just that Taylormade are a lot cheaper and can be bought at the shows like Peterborough which saves on postage costs also often for sale on E-bay or on this site advertised in the classifieds that is where I purchased my last set for my new Peugeot almost brand new Silverscreens £60 which was about half price.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/classifieds/search.asp?form_submitted=1&classtype=16 just seen this add silverscreens £70

I've got a set of Taylormade the long line version which covers the heater intake grill which I use at home & I've just brought a Sliver Products one with the dayview panel for touring. I also have a Silver Product Sola Screen for summer use.

Silver Products are almost identical to Silver Screen (I believe they are the same product marketed under a different name).

Silver Products/Silver Screens are a bit lighter & less bulky than the Taylormade.

Only difference between Silver product & Silver Screen is the Silver Product ones are black on the inside instead of silver.

Silver Products often do deals on eBay brought mine on eBay for £99 including dayview panel & postage £20 cheaper than their website.

We were in the same position last year, just couldn't decide.

Then we went to the northern show; it rained, a lot!  We had a look around the vans with screens on and many of the taylormade screens looked waterlogged, none of the silverscreens ones were.  That decided us.

We also went for the one with the mesh inner, if your lounge area is at the front of the van it gives privacy.  It also gave us adequate shade from the september sunshine; don't think it would keep the van cool on the continent though.

Also, although this may not be as important to you, on speaking to the staff on taylormade's stall at the show I found them to be extremely abrupt and loathe to answer my queries.  (I understand that the person I spoke to was the proprietor.)  Silverscreens, on the other hand, were very good.  Their system takes your number and they ring you back; they answered all my queries in a polite manner, advised on their products and supplied my choice  promptly.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

We've had Taylormade screens for many years, we've had our old set (about 8 years old and still going strong) on the camper since the heavy snow at the beginning of December and they have never ever become waterlogged, despite being on all the time.

As for the different companies - we've always had the type of bad service from Silver Screens that Madmaggott has had from Taylormade so it doesn't appear as if there is anything to choose between them in that regard.

Archived