Webasto Air TOP 3900 with Booster Function

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
Still in 2 minds regards new panel van, but if I go for the Karmann Davis it has the Webasto Air TOP 3900 diesel heating supposed to be powerful at 3.5 kw and suitable for winter use....My question is does this also provide the hot water as I cant find any details or mention of a separate gas water heater *-)

According to my (2009) copy of the Webasto brochure the AirTop EVO 3900 is simply a 3.9 kW air heater.

Heating power 1.5 - 3.9 kW

Diesel consumption 0.18 - 0.49 l/h

Power consumption 15 - 45 W

The DualTop is Webasto's main combined heating/hot water system. Can also use a pair of Thermo units. This assumes nothing's changed since 2009.

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks, seems you are right as I found out on Karmann web site that it has a presumably gas "Hot water boiler 10 L"

Then only room for 2x5kg bottles so my refillables wont fit *-) So will sell these and get a gas tank underneath probably......

up side is the waste tank is insulated and heated as standard (what you kinda expect from Euramobil)

Gas tank sounds expensive.

Cooking with 2 burners isn't going to use much gas. How much hot water are you going to need? Presumably the shower is fairly compact and more a standby rather than something you would choose to use if facilities are available?

Is it possible to get a couple of 5kg refillable gas bottles?

Archived