Bargain Dehumidifiers

John  Anne

Hello Forum addicts,

Just noticed this afternoon whilst in B&Q that they are doing a special offer on their own brand dehumidifiers. £49.95 for a 10 litre version, reduced from about £90 I think? Optimum operating temperature is between 5 and 30C.

These would seem ideal for the motorhome or caravan.

If you're interested you'd better get there fast they seemed to be going quickly!

Cheers, John & Anne. :-) ;-)

John & Anne - 2011-02-06 5:27 PM

Hello Forum addicts,

Just noticed this afternoon whilst in B&Q that they are doing a special offer on their own brand dehumidifiers. £49.95 for a 10 litre version, reduced from about £90 I think? Optimum operating temperature is between 5 and 30C.

These would seem ideal for the motorhome or caravan.

If you're interested you'd better get there fast they seemed to be going quickly!

Cheers, John & Anne. :-) ;-)

It was £80, but still a good reduction. There's also a 16L at £70, was £100, and a 24L at £100, was £150.

B&Q dehumidifiers

They are compressor ones so will not work at low temperatures. Low temperatures require a dessicant type, which are much more efficient and a lot quieter.

Peter, up to now I have use calcium choride dehundifiers and they seem to be reasonably effective. The replacement Calciun Chloride is not too expensive but thought when the B&Q one was mentioned would be much better . Your comments made be take a closer look and decided now just to carry on using what I am as worked for the past 6 winters. The Desiicant type or absorption dehumidifiers seem a lot more expensive. Glad you mentioned.

I have used a compressor type for around 15 years in caravan and M/Home and have been very pleased with the results, just a point, almost all comercial dehumidifiers are compressor type, we have used them in houses after bad leaks with good results, but as has been said not so good with very low ambiant temps.

Thanks John and Anne, I happened to be looking for a dehumidifier and was considering a similar spec one from Argos however they had increased in price in the new catalogue to just under £100 from £84.95. They had plenty at our local B&Q so I have one and am using it now, very pleased with the result 10 litres removed in ten hours, had to empty the bowl seems to work very well despite the low temperatures! Going to get some hose, not supplied with the unit, and put it down the shower outlet.

Many thanks you have saved me £40 over my origional expected price.

Bas

Archived