Black tiles and sinks

Mel B

Has anyone noticed the new 'fad' to have dark coloured mock tiles and dark sinks in motorhomes? Just reading the CC mag about the Elddis with such a bathroom which was being praised ... wait until the new owners have to keep cleaining it though! My sister-in-law used to have a dark brown bathrooms suite which they had specially installed as a 'new fad' many years ago, as soon as she got it she regretted it as it showed every single splash of water - she couldn't wait to get rid of it!!!!

I certainly have not seen one but its like black cups and black marble worktops, pretty damned unsociable to me.

I've been around a long time and have made and fitted many worktops, sinks of all types and colours, also patterned tiles. Plain and simple surfaces are for ever pleasing on the eye.

art

Couldn't agree more re impracticality of black tiles, basins and sinks - particularly in a hard water area. I've never fancied cleaning one of those oh-so-trendy clear plastic bowl-type washbasins either, I image it must be the devil's own job getting rid of the water stains on the outside surface where the basin connects to the mounting.

Just don't get me started on today's other fad involving pale carpets and uphostery...

Archived