A compliment to Woman drivers they are better than men

Alf Stonehouse

A tribute to woman drivers their by far the best

Driving my motor home through France has shown just how much better Woman drivers are than men.They overtake with care & tend to drive more quickly but smoothly than their men,

On the way hear (Cahors) Two men in a mercadies just had to pass even though i was diving at 90kms the French limit,They remained one foot behind swerving in & out as they looked for a chance to pass.This went on for about 20kms as the road was never streight.Twice they began to pass me only to have to brake hard as a car came around the oncoming corner

Then a woman caught us stayed a safe distance being the men,when they swerved back in,couldnt see the road ahead, far to close,the woman could she indicated & accelerated, passing the men and my camping car in complete safety

In towns woman park with care stop at crossings often with a smile,& are courtesies The men arnt

Alf Stonehouse - 2011-02-09 2:41 PM

A tribute to woman drivers their by far the best

Driving my motor home through France has shown just how much better Woman drivers are than men.They overtake with care & tend to drive more quickly but smoothly than their men,

On the way hear (Cahors) Two men in a mercadies just had to pass even though i was diving at 90kms the French limit,They remained one foot behind swerving in & out as they looked for a chance to pass.This went on for about 20kms as the road was never streight.Twice they began to pass me only to have to brake hard as a car came around the oncoming corner

Then a woman caught us stayed a safe distance being the men,when they swerved back in,couldnt see the road ahead, far to close,the woman could she indicated & accelerated, passing the men and my camping car in complete safety

In towns woman park with care stop at crossings often with a smile,& are courtesies The men arnt

How could they be better drivers you said that you were at the French maximum speed limit and the woman driver passed both of you so they were overtaking with care were they "well that is ok then"

Tailgating is a national sport in France and Spain..It's one that really annoys me..lets face it if you have to stop quickly and Pierre is that close.. you have nowhere to sleep!!

I am currently resident in Tenerife and the standard of driving over here is NIL!! other drivers drive that close you could be towing..The road I live on has a 40Kms limit.. and it's a No Overtaking zone.. I drive down it at 39Kms and other drivers are up close and personal to say the least.. flashing lights and using the horn..One passed me as I was approaching a pedestrian crossing and nearly knocked a child over..But carried on regardless and never even saw the people on the crossing...defensive driving... hazard drills...use of mirrors and lights/indicators they've never heard of it... and going round a roundabout is a free for all..

As for women are better drivers than men Hmm..I'll reserve my opinion on that one.. I was a driving instructor for 15 years and taught both sexes in equal amounts and didn't find any real difference to be honest...

They must be better drivers than men.

Otherwise how can they can keep looking at their fellow passenger ,taking their eyes off the road and never have an accident.

Must be because us male drivers can see them coming and swerve out of their way!

ooooooH. Tailgating, one of my pet hates. I tend to touch the brakes enough to operate the brake lights once or twice, they either drop back or get really 'Pixxed off' and overtake (usually taking their life in their hands) I neither actually brake or swerve, whatever they get up to. Hopefully if there is a layby I pull into it, drive slowly and then rejoin the road after they have passed , NO layby... still tailgating... I keep the brake lights going on and off, so they keep their distance. Seems to work. >:-( Ray

I think there are good and bad drivers of both sexes, i find young men 17-35 tend to be the worst 'risk takers'.

B-) In France the overwhelming majority of driving instructors seem to be woman *-)

This morning on the way to the post twice woman stopped as i had to cross the road,further in town a car with a man at the wheel zoomed round & slowed aggressively "pushing" the pedestrians

*-) In England men are of course the best :-D But hear in France a danger :-(

mondo - 2011-02-09 5:34 PM

Hmm..I'll reserve my opinion on that one.. I was a driving instructor for 15 years and taught both sexes in equal amounts and didn't find any real difference to be honest...

Derrr, that was because by the very nature of your job, you were teaching people that couldn't drive in the first place, and all you needed to do was train them up to the bare minimum standard required to pass a simple driving test. *-)

You become a driver a long time after getting a pass certificate.

I was once told By a French guy that men regarding driving aggressively as a macho thing. As for the stopping at pedestrian crossings the law changed in France very recently in that all drivers are required to give way to pedestrians on crossings

:-D Male drivers are quite hopeless lots of noise & no go

In some areas for most of the day there are only woman drivers on the road or parking with care.Woman can multi task and have eyes in the back of their head no accidents

At night the men come out to give the gendarmes something to do as drunks driving their new 180hp + Cars to fast & ending up in a field or hospital they would have been better to stay with horse carts & donkeys ;-) ;-)

Err, all drivers, of whichever gender, have to reach a certain standard of competence in order to gain their licence.

Alf's post, though well meant, just panders to the old fashioned gender war that should really have been binned long ago. 

Men and women are, thank the lord, different; would anyone actually want them to be the same? 

As far as driving is concerned, I have known some excellent drivers both male and female; however I have also known some totally incompetent ones, also both male and female.

donna miller - 2011-02-10 10:39 AM

mondo - 2011-02-09 5:34 PM

Hmm..I'll reserve my opinion on that one.. I was a driving instructor for 15 years and taught both sexes in equal amounts and didn't find any real difference to be honest...

Derrr, that was because by the very nature of your job, you were teaching people that couldn't drive in the first place, and all you needed to do was train them up to the bare minimum standard required to pass a simple driving test. *-)

You become a driver a long time after getting a pass certificate.

I didn't actually say I mainly taught HGV all classes so they were already drivers of sorts!!..Hmm Donna Miller that would be a lady sticking up for the females after my post on reserving my opinion!!! Calm down love it's just an opinion!!

Guest JudgeMental
bob b - 2011-02-10 8:40 AM

If I'm being 'tailgated', I just indicate and let them overtake me.

Exactly..... holding up traffic for 20 Kms? selfish IMO

mondo - 2011-02-11 8:01 PM

I didn't actually say I mainly taught HGV all classes so they were already drivers of sorts!!..Hmm Donna Miller that would be a lady sticking up for the females after my post on reserving my opinion!!! Calm down love it's just an opinion!!

Firstly, I'm not your love, and believe me, I was the calmest person in the world when I wrote my post.

Secondly, you said you were a driving instructor so my OPINION was based on the facts YOU gave.

Thirdly, by refering to yourself as an HGV instructor would imply you taught many many years ago, they are classed as LGV nowadays, and as such, back then you needed no other requirements and qualifications than a truck to teach in. This I know from experience having aqquired a class 1 licence 25 years ago.

Lastly, and most importantly, I only ever stick up for who I believe is right, whether female, male, or something inbetween.

So really, being a driving instructor of any kind doesn't impress me, what does impress me though, is a man who doesn't feel the need to be patronising and defensive with his replies, and one who can finally accept that women are more than capable of being better drivers.

*-) *-)

not got a problem unless i am behind them waiting to pull out onto a roundabout they seem to get fazed with roundabouts and can take an age to pull out.

the worse people on the roads in my opinion are OAP's, drivers from a certain ethic community and in central london black taxi cabs with their dangerous u turns with no warning or consideration for other users.

duetto owner - 2011-02-13 8:42 AM

not got a problem unless i am behind them waiting to pull out onto a roundabout they seem to get fazed with roundabouts and can take an age to pull out.

the worse people on the roads in my opinion are OAP's, drivers from a certain ethic community and in central london black taxi cabs with their dangerous u turns with no warning or consideration for other users.[

/QUOTE]

One way or another, this thread obviously going to upset more and more sections of society every day!!

Unfortunately, I suspect that some of you are serious, when expressing your opinions. :-(

donna miller - 2011-02-13 1:46 PM

jhorsf - 2011-02-12 9:17 PM

donna miller - 2011-02-12 3:45 PM

women are more than capable of being better drivers.

*-) *-)

I agree with Donna women could be a lot better :D

Ha Ha, clever bugger. :-D

Oh there is a sense of humour there then...JUST!!

jhorsf - 2011-02-14 3:24 AM

Of course she has a sense of humour you have seen Donnas avatar does that look like someone who passed their group 1 25 years ago? (lol) (lol) (lol)

avatar must be wishful thinking :D

I was musing that one meself...It's either that or Loreal skin care products..Because we're worth it Or is it WORTHLESS!!!

Archived