Nights winter days summer its perfect well almost

Alf Stonehouse

*-) :-( The worst day with my van its winter

Its winter nights & summer days,which is super

Thursday night at 2.30am i pulled my eiderdown closer,the gas had run out,Id stayed hear in Cahors as its a super place to stop & better still sells the gas i need

At 8am it was minus 2 outside & only 6c inside dressed in seconds, kettel on(when the gas bottles empty theres still enough for the gas cooker an)I decided id try my backup “cube”id bought, hugely expensive but butagas can be found everywhere,at a price

Avoiding crushed fingers and broken nails,i manhandled the cube into place attached its adapter.Frozen i re started the heating.which after 10 seconds went out,the cube propane regulator says 1.5kg/hr @ 28megabars which i though would do.I froze

Shopping done new gas bottle installed i returned,there was still a place for me(there are only 3 places for campers five can squeeze in)i didnt want to go along to the rough parking on the river bank as the van there has two very large very aggressive & very loud dogs.

It was 20c summer,time to repair my fresh water tank.I put my mattress outside and began taking apart the inside of my van.When i got to the tank i found rats had been living there at some, time the mess cleaned up tank opened i couldn't quite reach the plastic nut which had fallen off when i removed the tap which was worn out & had a perished seal

After much anguish i succeeded.not helped by dogs often on a lead that wanted to “mark” my mattress

Clearly camping vans are not well though out.One 10cent seal meant i had & have no water to wash with.The “nut” should have been moulded onto the inside of the tank.A lorry driver or mechanic would not had managed even with the tank on a bench.

Now my tanks repaired my camper clean threes no water to put in !! The Lot dept 46 is dry,ALL the taps ive tried on the way down were off as they are hear.What to do now?? Go back to dept 19 where water can be found everywhere?Or on into unknown regions?My next vist it is in the Var which is i hope another two weeks away

I asked the other French,Dutch & Belgium vans but they all filled up hundreds of miles away.Winter on the road may be wonderful but not always comfortable

Where can i find water?

Guest pelmetman

Hi Alf

Just answered your other thread and mentioned about the Aire on the river which you say is rough!! We found it perfectly OK for a night. You do seem to have a lot of problems with dogs! Can't say we have encountered any such problems but perhaps our Troy keeps them away.

As to the water problem, we found it difficult to get water too. We resorted to buying bottled water from the supermarket.

Sue

Alf, I for one am enjoying your Adventure,s,  I,m sorry to hear of your woe,s but you manage to get through them and with a bit of humour to spare, I take it your traveling alone which is a grand thing to have the spirit for, good luck to you and keep safe,

Dennis

Guest JudgeMental
why dont you just add your comments to an existing thread and that way it will be like a blog? and always rise to the top? better then lots of separate threads regarding your journey?

Archived