Tesco Vouchers/Tunnel Tickets

PJay

i know this has been on before, but search won't work.

Can someone remind me of procedure re exchanging vouchers for tunnel ticket. Thought we might give it a try, even though it's a long way to Folkestone, from Portsmouth How long does it take to get tickets?

PJay

Once you've exhanged your vouchers and phoned up to book a crossing, you send your vouchers into Eurotunnel within 5 days and then will get an email to confirm your crossing once they've got them, you don't get any tickets as such.

I managed to get the search to work so have a look at this lot:

Tesco Voucher Threads

Easy-peasy, lemon squeazy!

PJay - 2011-02-15 8:15 PM

i know this has been on before, but search won't work.

Can someone remind me of procedure re exchanging vouchers for tunnel ticket. Thought we might give it a try, even though it's a long way to Folkestone, from Portsmouth How long does it take to get tickets?

PJay

Not nearly as long as Guisborough to Folkstone!

But seriously, we managed to get in just before the change from 4 times the value and have booked a trip in May. It's a great way to take the dog over and much more relaxing than a ferry anyday.

David

David L

I know you are a distance from the tunnel, but you come south anyway, don't you, to get the Ferry or Tunnel. I live overlooking Portsmouth Harbour, so can wave to you on the ferry from here. My point was the cost involved getting to the tunnel, then back down to Brittany. It may be just as cost effective to pay for the crossing from my door-step so to speak.

Think we will have one go in the tunnel, but come back direct to Portsmouth. Also going late April/ early May, not sure where we are heading , maybe Spain again or maybe stay in France, will depend on the weather

Mel B thanks for the link, it worked!!

PJay

I suppose if you have a good reason why this happened and they are still complete they should still be 'legal tender' for booking a crossing, but I suppose it might also depend whether Tesco will accept them when submitted by Eurotunnel for being redeemed (which I assume is how it works?).

A phone call or two is in order m'thinks - so sorry, but you're going to have to actually come out from under your curtain and 'talk' to someone. :-D

PJay - 2011-02-16 9:17 PM

David L

I know you are a distance from the tunnel, but you come south anyway, don't you, to get the Ferry or Tunnel. I live overlooking Portsmouth Harbour, so can wave to you on the ferry from here. My point was the cost involved getting to the tunnel, then back down to Brittany. It may be just as cost effective to pay for the crossing from my door-step so to speak.

Think we will have one go in the tunnel, but come back direct to Portsmouth. Also going late April/ early May, not sure where we are heading , maybe Spain again or maybe stay in France, will depend on the weather

Mel B thanks for the link, it worked!!

PJay

Hi Pjay

Yes you are right - it is sensible to travel from (say) Portsmouth to Brittany by ferry if that is you ultimate destination - or even further south than that and I have done it myself before now when travelling to Spain. But, the tunnel has proved a nice, easy option that, with Tesco Vouchers, has also been inexpensive and a better crossing for the dogs. I suppose I could always take a ferry from the east coast as another option but still prefer the tunnel for these reasons.

My worry now would be the continuing rise in travel costs anyway and the very real possibility that long distance travel may become a rare occcurrence in the future. We have already cut back on our UK travel - using closer to home getaways more often now.

David

David

I agree that the tunnel must be a much better option for any one travelling with dogs or even cats. ( We even met a couple last year who had a very large parrot. The Dog and Parrot lived in the garage part of the van.Much better that you can stay with them for the journey. I have often wondered how the annimals fare on ferry crossings, left down below. We don't have any animals now, like to be "free " but we do dog-sit sometimes for the families dogs.

PJay

Hi Pauline

We have done it a couple of times now, I look up the crossing that I want with Euro tunnel get the price, then again on line I go to Tesco’s and order the vouchers for the tunnel. These arrive in about 5 days, then you ring Euro tunnel and make the booking giving the voucher numbers, they will advise you to send the vouchers to them do this by special delivery, they give you a partial reference and when the vouchers are received by them they then send you an email with the booking ref on.

You print this out and when you get to the check in at the terminal enter the reference on the machine and you will be recognised and France here you come.

We normally travel over on the 10pm crossing it is very quite at this time and a bit cheaper, we then stop at Cite Europe (2min from tunnel) in the Motorhome area which is very near entrance to Carrefour, and in the morning go shopping before moving on relaxed and refreshed.

Last time we went across it was £63 in vouchers and travelling at the time we wanted too, allow 3 hours to get round to Folkestone.

Just booked a crossing for Portsmouth to Caen and it is a lot more expensive than the tunnel, but time is of the premium so it makes sense but if you are in no hurry the tunnel is very relaxed and stress free way to go.

:->

Caroline - 2011-02-22 1:08 PM

You print this out and when you get to the check in at the terminal enter the reference on the machine and you will be recognised and France here you come.

Except that they now have numberplate recognition cameras at Folkestone - so you drive up and it already knows who you are! Scary...

Guest pelmetman

Just booked for June £68 each way plus £30 for the pooch, and they will accept our torn up vouchers, so less 20 quid B-)

Now to decide where to go for a fortnight, I reckon the Loire we haven't been down there for a while :D

Archived