Scam e-mail

Alan D

Just received an e-mail from Post Express, saying that I need to collect a package that has an incorrect address. There is an attachment to open but be warned if you do your computer will be infected. This is a scam and if you enquire about Post Express on the website all will be explained. I misunderstood the message and went to my local sorting office who put me right.

alan.

Whilst on the subject we had a phone call from a "Microsoft Technical Group" saying that it had come to their attention that whilst on broadband, our computer had picked up a virus.

The operator would talk me through visiting their web site and downloading software to remove the virus.

I asked for their telephone number twice, no joy there.

Loaded their web site, told the nice man that with the help of BT had traced their number and also the servers IP address.

Phone went quiet very quickly !

Told BT and they said that it was a new scam, and had problems in trying to shut it down.

Rgds

Alan D - 2011-02-18 9:03 AM

Just received an e-mail from Post Express, saying that I need to collect a package that has an incorrect address. There is an attachment to open but be warned if you do your computer will be infected. This is a scam and if you enquire about Post Express on the website all will be explained. I misunderstood the message and went to my local sorting office who put me right.

alan.

Thanks Alan-I didn't recognise this one so it's nice to be warned

Mike

Archived