Another February Show

Andy_C

I see that the NCC are launching their own February show in competition with The Boat & Caravan Show at the NEC. See: http://www.motorhomecaravanandcamping.co.uk

Having already taken over the October show slot at the NEC from Clarion Events (which I actually think is a good move), they now seem intent on taking on The Boat and Caravan Show. The new show, The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show, will be at ExCel the week before the Boat and Caravan Show in February 2012.

Personally I can't see the logic behind this, it seems to me that it will split trade attendance between the two shows resulting in neither being a good experience for visitors.

Andy

According to their statement the NCC claim the new show "is supported by the key manufacturers, including ABI, Autocruise, Auto-Trail, Bailey, Coachman, Elddis, Lunar, Swift and Trigano. In addition, a number of leading dealers including Glossop Caravans, the Marquis Group, Lowdhams, Wandahome, Salop Leisure, Campbell's and Broad Lane Leisure have also pledged their exclusive support for the February ExCeL show. These dealers and manufacturers will now only be supporting shows at the ExCeL Centre and the NEC, Birmingham, which are organised by NCC Events."

Personally I much prefer the NEC as a show venue and wouldn't go to one at ExCel.

Andy

Archived