Graphics replacement

trigrem

The graphics on the side of our Starburst are lifting and the surface has gone crinkly. I want to remove them and replace with a copy of the originals.

There was a letter in MMM some time ago from an owner who had found a firm to do that. Unfortunately I cannot find the letter with the firms details and am hoping he reads this.

I contacted a firm at the Lincoln show in 2010 and sent him the requested photo's but have not heard a word since.

Any information gratefully received.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just to update you I had a reply from one of the two companies contacted. That one being www.thesign.co.uk

They have quoted me for replacement graphics as they had the design already on their database. Being affixed on our return from France after Easter.

Doug

peter - 2011-03-08 9:03 PM

How much please?.

Thats a very good question! we had some damage repaired to the side of our van when we first bought it ( the gatepost hinge) :-S we had about 1mtr of graphics replaced it was over £70 the repair £700+

I met an Autocruise owner last year, Malcolm, who had had his graphics replaced by this company in North Yorkshire:-

http://www.jetscreen.co.uk/

They looked very smart, although the colouring wasn't quite as original being a somewhat darker blue without so much 'shading'. Am attaching a picture of a spare that Malcolm gave me and a pic. of my 'van with the decals removed. ( note the model name difference but the basic decals are the same )

I did have some contact with the company; they did have one complete set still in stock but having removed the large decals from the 'van sides, i decided that it looked better without them. The small decals on my 'van are strating to crinkle now but I haven't yet decided what to do about it, if anything.

1044130374_StarDecal(3).JPG.2d63d24439ac4d32737ae62a136a34d1.JPG

2033942056_Decalremoved(2).JPG.1a2982c34f6ba4a905bec7480de99020.JPG

It probably does look a bit odd to those not used to it. I am used to it and it looks 'normal' to me now.... it certainly looks better than it did with the peeling, sliding, crinkly decal on it. :-D It used to be the most prominent 'feature' of the 'van and 'hit' me every time I saw it. Anyway, if you see a Starblazer with the decals missing you'll know who it is...... for better or worse. :-D

Harvey

Archived