Pommiers des trois Pay

watsoa

Hi

We are starting to plan our next trip and saw a site not too far from  Calais - Pommiers des trois Pays, 946 in the ACSI book. It looks useful as a stopover and I was wondering if any of the forum members have used it at all and can give feedback.

Thanks

Alan W

We stayed there last October.

From a motorhomer's point of view it could be problematic due to soft ground: when we arrived we were told that it was rather soft and initially were directed to park on a bit of road. When we got to the bit of road, it was actually straight in between 2 statics, with hardly any room either side. We were not impressed, so went back to reception and were told that we could park on one of the grass pitches which we did. We managed to get somewhere which was ok, but some of the other pitches had been really chewed up. Some of the other motorhomes had parked on the grass just off the road, so they could get off next morning without problem.

The site itself was nice, walking distance of the village, but beware of the soft ground!

Ina.

GPS N50.77977 E1.94760  Stopped one night, 22 October 2008.  Grass pitches, as David says, but far too soft for a van when we arrived.  Parked on road near facs block, in company of one other van.  Owner pleasant enough, but weather not good!  Facs unheated, (open) wash up not cleaned and sinks/drainers full of leaves, bird droppings, etc, at that time.  Enclosed facilities otherwise OK.  Paid E15.

Brian Kirby - 2011-02-19 4:49 PM

Facs unheated, (open) wash up not cleaned and sinks/drainers full of leaves, bird droppings, etc, at that time.  Enclosed facilities otherwise OK.  Paid E15.

Yes, same last October, I'd forgotten that until I read your post, Brian. I thought the site had a bit of a neglected look about it, but that it was possibly because it was the 2nd week in October.

Also, the ACSI rate was €11, but they charged an extra €1.50 for EHU for some reason which I can't remember now :-S I think it was because it was 16 Amps. This year with ACSI it is €13.

Ina

If its just an overnight stop you need its not much further to Arques.  Rue Michelet , Arques N50*44.731 E002*18.276 Its a municipal campsite with an Aire 2e p/n parking is hard standing around the back near the lakes but if not open there is a small service point / Aire near the front entrance which is free except for the service point we have used this stopover many times .

kelly58 - 2011-02-19 5:12 PM

If its just an overnight stop you need its not much further to Arques.  Rue Michelet , Arques N50*44.731 E002*18.276 Its a municipal campsite with an Aire 2e p/n parking is hard standing around the back near the lakes but if not open there is a small service point / Aire near the front entrance which is free except for the service point we have used this stopover many times .

I think that's the one we used as well Kelly, I remember the fishermen arriving in the morning!

2016111853_Arquesaire.JPG.635801eab4873b81eba0e6217a874283.JPG

2066346544_Arqueslake.JPG.985c4b1ebe860511b29a69559345c620.JPG

The municipal campsite at the same location (Municipal Beausejour), since sites is what you were asking about, if open, has excellent, fully enclosed facilities but again, grass pitches that are soft when wet.  Generally quiet, but some noise throughout night from nearby works.  Not loud, but audible.  Good value.  Not in ACSI.  Takes cards.  E15.10 25 August and 21 October 2010 with CCI discount.

Archived