Saturday Night Television

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2011-02-20 5:13 PM

Dave, how come you aint out bopping on a saturday night?

You haven't seen me dance 8-)

Did you not watch the "Tube" in 1983 :D I was their dancing with Lesley Ash (lol)

I think she put all her later success down to appearing with me (lol)

pelmetman - 2011-02-20 6:57 PM

knight of the road - 2011-02-20 5:13 PM

Dave, how come you aint out bopping on a saturday night?

You haven't seen me dance 8-)

Did you not watch the "Tube" in 1983 :D I was their dancing with Lesley Ash (lol)

I think she put all her later success down to appearing with me (lol)

Dave,

Would you believe that I have my third gold bar in modern ballroom and Latin American dancing? 20 years ago I was the kiddy strutting my stuff in all the singles clubs in the Manchester area, a right John Travolta even if I say so myself.

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2011-02-20 7:10 PM

Dave,

Would you believe that I have my third gold bar in modern ballroom and Latin American dancing? 20 years ago I was the kiddy strutting my stuff in all the singles clubs in the Manchester area, a right John Travolta even if I say so myself.

Maybe you should change your username from Knight of the Road to "Twinkle Toes" Malcolm B-)

As I explained to my wife we used to have the best TV in the world 4 chanels with all the available finance shared between thm now we have 300 chanels with the same finance so we have American TV (junk) I only watch the motorcycle racing anyway and the season han't started yet apart from that its a quick browse on here and then a good book. Yes I'm a boring old fart (its a to rough on the roads yet for my newest 600 sports bike to perform right) (lol) John

I've discovered the truth about the real reason behind the appalling standard of Saturday night television.

It's government inspired in an attempt to boost the flagging birth rate to ensure that we have a sufficiently adequate supply of young workers to support us oldies in the future.

Think I'm wrong or joking? Well can you think of any other explanation? No. I thought not so I must be right!

Another possible explanation for the BBC is that they will claim that they can't afford to make better programmes because the licence fee has been frozen.

(As they waste so much of it I reckon it should not be frozen, it should be reduced ).

:-(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tracker

A minute or so ago there were 50 of us on the forum!

A fair reflection of the quality of UK Friday evening TV maybe!

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2011-03-18 7:48 PM

For me it is a case of friday night is music night on radio 2

I like Nigel Ogden and his organ :D ..............................Thats what TV needs more people playing with their organs :D

Tracker - 2011-03-18 7:50 PM

And there was me thinking that everyone in Lancashire is tone deaf!

Contrary to the way you think Richard we are not all oafs in Lancashire,

If you want the ride of your life be in my van when Ravels bolero or the sabre dance comes on classic FM (lol)

pelmetman - 2011-03-18 7:57 PM

I like Nigel Ogden and his organ :D ..............................Thats what TV needs more people playing with their organs :D

Played with yours lately Dave? always wondered why you looked cock eyed (lol)

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2011-03-18 8:31 PM

Played with yours lately Dave? always wondered why you looked cock eyed (lol)

Found it was affecting my eye site so now have a ukulele which just affects the neighbours :D ........................................especially on site (lol)

Guest peter
pelmetman - 2011-03-18 7:57 PM

Richard is always polishing his. (lol)

I've always got my mouth organ ready for some action. :D

I bought an Avtex TV because they came highly recommended. Total waste of money! The viewing content on them is no better on a Saturday, or Wednesday for that matter, night than any other TV. The only saving grace is that if there is anything interesting like a GP or Wimbledon during the day they have the ability to record it on an SD card for viewing later.

Archived