Awnings - view invited

LordThornber

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2011-02-21 4:57 PM

..But?..But?..how can that POSSIBLY work?..if it hasn't got Fiamma embossed on it?!? :-S

;-)

If it had Fiamma on it, the decimal point would move to the right £39.60 :D

Word of warning about cheap ratchet straps they rot in direct sunlight, had them on my roof racked kyak just as well I check each time I drive off as the first set only lasted 3 months before I could snap them with very little effort. As to safari rooms I've got one not much good, a drive away awning would have been better silly buy realy but the wind out awning is used almost all the time. You pays your money and takes your chance. all the best, John. 8-)

pelmetman - 2011-02-21 4:37 PM My tie down kit consists of 2 ratchet straps in dayglow orange 99p each, and 2 of those curly pegs for tying the dog to, 99p each thats £3.96 :D

Curly Pegs for tying the dog to,.... tie the dog to it......tie .......Gosh and Ive been screwing it into the dogs A--e  so he couldnt run.......no wonder he cowers whan he sees me with it

pelmetman - 2011-02-21 4:37 PM My tie down kit consists of 2 ratchet straps in dayglow orange 99p each, and 2 of those curly pegs for tying the dog to, 99p each thats £3.96 :D

Curly Pegs for tying the dog to,.... tie the dog to it......tie .......Gosh and Ive been screwing it into the dogs A--e  so he couldnt run.......no wonder he cowers whan he sees me with it

Wind-out awnings are susceptible even if its not a gust of wind so don't be lulled into thinking that they're okay even in a little bit of breeze, it's surprising how easily they can be lifted, after all they are a massive 'kite' and kites don't take a lot of breeze to get off the ground.

We have a free-standing Movelite awning, and attach it with the figure of 8 plastic and tape fittings, it means that it is very quick and easy to detach and attach if we want to move the van/return to site, it takes less than a minute for each!

Archived