Ladies retirement age!

Colin Leake

Don't get me wrong I both love the ladies and have every respect for them. Lets face it I married one nearly 50 years ago and we are still happily married. Before I retired I had also many work for me in senior positions and have always respected their abilities especially their awesome organizational abilities. Most did not retire until they were 65 and many went on working for us either full or part time long after that. The fact was that we were happy for them to do so because we valued their experience and work ethic.

However having said that I could never and still can't understand why given the fact that they live on average longer than men they would be able to draw the state pension five years before us gents! When I see some on television complaining how unfairer it is to expect their retirement age being brought into line I can't help thinking that the only thing that is unfair is that it has taken so long for this to happen.

I can understand that this needs to be phased in but I would think the period the government is proposing is more than generous.

I chose to retire late to increase my pension pots and state pension. Fine that was my choice and I was fit enough to do so but we must all surely be able to work out that as we all live longer the retirement age for all of us must be extended or the country will simply run out of money to pay for it and there will even come a time when as a state we can't even borrow the money.

What would we rather have work a bit longer or reach the day when a bankrupt state has to default on paying our pensions. There are countries where this has already happened along with the inability to pay the salaries of public servants.

Should any of you ladies who may disagree with me meet me on holiday and wish to enter into a dialogue with me I am easy to recognize. I have flaming red hair in a pony tail and a full face beard. I am also normally accompanied by two large Bullmastiffs who are trained to attack anyone behaving in a threatening manner to me. My wife tells me I also have a permanent mischievous twinkle in my eyes!

I'll have you know that all of us silver swingers wear pony tails.

Actually having written the above if you think I'm going to be brave enough to admit that I can be easily identified as being 80% bald and with a very distinctive round skin graft on my forehead due to the removal of a Rodent Ulcer caused by to much exposure to the sun think again. We do have a guard dog though in the form of a 14 year old border terrier. Don't underestimate her. Bunty can get very annoyed if any one looks like being aggressive towards me!

Guest pelmetman

As a toyboy I looked forward to a life of ease when I married Sue :-D Now I have got to wait another two years :-(

Don't get me wrong :D There were other attractions........separation pay, married quarter, and not to mention the extra travel warrants :D ......

It was love at first sight (lol) (lol)

Oop's I forgot to mention Sue is the love of my life and I worship the ground she........you walk on, but I can't type very well in half nelson "O" light of my life 8-)aargh.........................the ................pain!!!!!....................

Guest pelmetman
Travelling Tyke - 2011-02-22 8:11 PM

Pelmetman....Navy, Army,or Air Force??

The Senior Service of course :-D .....Ex Two Badge Able Seaman RN Retired, Former Captain of the head with Bar and Scar :D

pelmetman - 2011-02-22 6:42 PM

As a toyboy I looked forward to a life of ease when I married Sue :-D Now I have got to wait another two years :-(

QUOTE]

Me too mrs ips is 8yrs older than me (apparently loks younger than me though :-S ) cant see me ever fully retiring as my personal pension taken out in 1985 when I started my first business wont keep me in scotch and cigars :-(

Archived