Where are you

mac111051

Guest pelmetman
w1ntersun - 2011-02-20 5:30 PM

Cos hes nosey,

We are at Conil De la frontera Spain, Its 20c at the moment no wind and sunshine. Camping Roseleda 270 Euro per month

Richard

Is that including electric and water (?) :D

Guest JudgeMental
I am at home, cold damp and miserable...went out to wash van today for trip to Belgium and thought better of it and went back inside :-S

At home. Even in sunny Bournemouth it's not too warm. It's been a long winter.8o|

Filled the toilet flush tank ready for Spain and Portugal next month.

Now wondering where I can find a midget to get to the hose clip on the cooling system hose that controls the Eberspacher valve to the cab heater. At least I think that is what it is. Anyhow the hose clip needs adjusting to stop a minor leak. I can just reach it but can't tighten it because parts of the engine are in the way. I do have a bottle of Radweld that should do the job. It worked well on my 406. :-|

That site near Tavira sounds ideal.:-> Is there any local walking/ strolling? Are the local trains/buses regular?

Guest Tracker

At home enjoying life with all it's variety of people and places and things to do!

Got my health, my wife, my home, my dog, my cars, my motorhome, my helicopter, my boats - what more can I ever want for!

The weather does not matter - who cares what it does or doesn't do - it's just so great to be alive and still spending the kid's inheritance!

So joie de vivre is alive and well in Norfolk thanks!

sheer lunar-see - 2011-02-20 7:46 PM

Whats the problem Malc D with the heating, maybe some on-line diagnostics from a heating engineer might help. We at home, just putting finishing touches to our plans to go full timing for a year.

Nige & Dee, sammy & jess the dogs. Hope to get away mid April.

Heating supposed to come on twice a day.

Last night it seems it stayed on all night and place was like an oven this morning. Turned down thermostat -nothing happened - then turned it all off - and it re-lit all by itself !

Had to turn the gas off to stop it.

Not too concerned as I have a contract so can get an engineer tomorrow ( hopefully).

Gas fire works so we are not likely to get hypothermia.

( I suppose we could always live in the van on the drive).

;-)

Guest Tracker

It sounds to a non expert like wot I am that the timer / control box may have gone awry?

Is it showing the correct time and are the timer on / off settings still correct?

And that's about the limit of my techy know how!

Tracker - 2011-02-20 8:32 PM

It sounds to a non expert like wot I am that the timer / control box may have gone awry?

Is it showing the correct time and are the timer on / off settings still correct?

And that's about the limit of my techy know how!

Yes, I reckon it's the control box, maybe it's the room thermostat as well as that's been behaving a bit oddly lately.

Hot water system works - twice a day - as planned.

All the electrics / clock etc seem o.k.

Ain't technology great - (when it's workin')

My diagnosis is " sticky valve " - on the assumption that it's got a valve somewhere that is stuck !!! Reluctant to use a hammer on it.

;-)

ALAN G - 2011-02-20 8:39 PM

At home. Even in sunny Bournemouth it's not too warm. It's been a long winter.8o|

Filled the toilet flush tank ready for Spain and Portugal next month.

Now wondering where I can find a midget to get to the hose clip on the cooling system hose that controls the Eberspacher valve to the cab heater. At least I think that is what it is. Anyhow the hose clip needs adjusting to stop a minor leak. I can just reach it but can't tighten it because parts of the engine are in the way. I do have a bottle of Radweld that should do the job. It worked well on my 406. :-|

That site near Tavira sounds ideal.:-> Is there any local walking/ strolling? Are the local trains/buses regular?

There is a train station just round the corner from the site and if you are 65 or over its half price, just show your passport to the conductor. It goes all the way along the Algarve. Cabanas is an old fishing village and all along the promenade has been redone in the last year, it is very nice and is a 10 min walk from the site. Plenty of restaurants and cheap prices. Buses run quite frequently but we used the train. Hopefully we will be back again later this year.

sheer lunar-see - 2011-02-20 9:05 PM

Hi Malc, sounds like you may have problem with 3port valve stuck on mid position, do you have a frost stat anywhere, if so this could be faulty.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not aware of a frost stat valve -( but I'm no expert on central heating ).

I switched the electric supply on again tonight and, although the control box was in the "off" position, the central heating immediately sprang to life - so something is stuck !

Archived