Gutted!!!!!!!!!!

Dave225

We got up early, showered and shaved, or at least I did. Had breakfast and waited........

About 9am it rattled and we heard it thud on to the mat. She rushed through and came back clutching it. With trembling fingers we opened it..........'Your overdraft fee is now £0.50 per day, even with approval'. We looked at each other and then she said, ‘There is another one’. Again we looked at the envelope. Handwritten this time. This must be it so we opened it again.........'Your MP would appreciate your views on the country and any local issues'. Local issues? More like his flaming expenses

We looked at each other, the torn envelopes and then she said ‘Maybe it got delayed in the Post, after all the service is c..p even when you put the Queen’s head on the envelope. But sadly no. We realised that..........we had not received one.

She whined. ‘But I had booked that nice hat in the Oxfam shop. What am I going to tell them now?’ I tried to mollify her by saying ‘Look, at least we do not have to spend money on hotel rooms in London, can you imagine the costs for the Travelodge on those days?’Sadly, I do not think it helped.

I did try another tack. I told her ‘But we will be in Spain with the van on that date anyway’ That did the trick. All smiles and a comment ‘Well, it will be just a silly wedding anyway, far better to laze on the beach, drink wine and eat Calamari freshly cooked. ‘I bet they are getting the Coop to do the catering and I am sure there will be a fight, there always is at weddings, just remember your Uncle Arthur’s?’

So, all the best to the happy couple. Just don’t let the in-laws get too drunk and try to stop all the hangers on stealing all the wedding cake. We, or at least you lot, the public can watch the scrummage to get the front seats. However. we won’t be there, or even here and with no TV, unless there is nothing worth watching on Spanish TV, I doubt we will see anything.

Are we lucky????

It is actually considered very bad form in society circles to 'boast' about receiving invitations to royal events, in fact it can preclude one from any future occasions.

I am therefore unable to confirm, or deny, that I have received an invitation.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2011-02-20 8:34 PM

It is actually considered very bad form in society circles to 'boast' about receiving invitations to royal events, in fact it can preclude one from any future occasions.

I am therefore unable to confirm, or deny, that I have received an invitation.

:-|

We might of not got one either ;-)

pelmetman - 2011-02-20 8:39 PM
malc d - 2011-02-20 8:34 PM It is actually considered very bad form in society circles to 'boast' about receiving invitations to royal events, in fact it can preclude one from any future occasions. I am therefore unable to confirm, or deny, that I have received an invitation. :-|
We might of not got one either ;-)

Oh come on Dave, stop being modest, rumour has it that you are hanging............By appointment. (The curtains, that is) :$ :$  :D

Dave

Guest pelmetman
Besides our social diary is getting rather full :-D ....................Theres a new couple moved into the village (moved back from France) and have invited us for a meal B-) ...................We now have only 364 free days left for the next 12 months, so if they want to invite us they better be quick :D

We attended a great BBQ at friends in Wimbledon for Chuck and Di's wedding. Good time - shame Chuck turned out to be a liar whilst giving his vows.

Thankfully his sons seem to be made of better stuff and for that reason I shall make the effort to celebrate the event. best thing Chuck can do in my view is to keep a very low profile at the wedding and abdicate in the next few years.

With the two BH W/E's adjacent to each other we will be at the caravan a lot over Easter, Willies wedding and the recovery over the May BH.

Hope the weather is nice - a good sized flat screen TV in the awning for those that want to watch it and a good BBQ and wine/beer etc - sounds good.

As long as Gaddaffyduck or similar does not try to invade the UK whilst all of us are hung over we should have a blinding few days.

I am looking forward to it.

Archived