Motorhome servicing in Northamptonshire

Heidi

We are looking for a recommendation of where to have our Fiat Burstner Marano motorhome serviced in the Northamptonshire area. We had been driving 160 miles to the dealer we brought the van from, but it is no longer under warranty so hoping to find a more local solution. (service and habitation check required)

Welcome to the forum.

We had a habitation check done by Heart of England Motorhomes based in Weedon - and were quite happy with it.

At that time they didn't do servicing of vehicles but I believe they do now.

You check on their website.

Get the van serviced at Fiat dealer and forget the habitation check as it's not needed on such a new van in my opinion. I've also got a Marano (2007) and they are so well built you shouldn't need it yet. Waste of money in my view.

No doubt someone with a vested interest will rebuke me for saying so. :D

I had the cambelt etc on my van changed by Heart of England and was happy with the work done. Actually I think the mechanical dept [which is next door to the habitation dept] is not strictly part of Heart of England but the two work closely together.

Incidentally the service dept is at Long Buckby wharf about 5 miles north of Weedon where the showroom is.

squip

Some years ago, I read an article that listed a number of recommended garages for servicing motorhomes. In the list was BT (yes, the telephone company). Apparently BT Fleet has diversified from just maintaining its own vehicles to many other companies’ vehicles from cars to light vans and HGVs, they also service and repair private vehicles. All work is covered by a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty and they have a network of over 500 garages.

For the past 4 years I have had my car and motorhome serviced and MOT’d by BT. The service cost less than halve of the dealer network garage and did not invalidate the warranty as they are VAT registered.

http://www.btfleet.com/service/service-maintenance-repair.aspx

I cannot recommended them highly enough and, no, I do not work for BT.

They have a garage at Northampton that does servicing and MOTs:

Gladstone Road NORTHAMPTON NN5 7QF Tel (01604) 255406

PS.

My motorhome is again booked in for a service and MOT at the Walsall garage.

• 3 weeks later...
If you still have your Motorhome Documents there should have been a handbook which is a directory of FIAT approved dealerships, not necessarily Motorhome Dealers. My vehicle is new but would be a 4 hour round trip and loads of Diesel to get it to the dealer so any work that needs doing get's done at the local FIAT Commercial dealer. They have my details on the FIAT Computer database and any work done, warranty or otherwise is recorded. They are also a lot cheaper than what the Motorhome dealership charges for servicing, however, they do not conduct habitation checks so will have to use a more local Motorhome dealer.

Archived