Middle East Oil

antony1969

antony1969 - 2011-02-21 7:07 PM

If the trouble gripping middle east moves towards Saudi with there oil reserves etc I fear we may be in for big fuel price rises so If anybody has the number of local farmer or Irish traveller who can get me a tanker of red diesel to put in garden I would very much appreciate it

If you can't afford Diesel, you certainly won't affort the Fine if caught using RED Diesel. :D :D ;-)

Something triggered off these riots in the middle east

What are the bets that the Yanks are behind all this unrest.

I think oil price will rise but only because of speculators not through the middle east's NEW governments, they are starved of money and will need to keep their revenues flowing

I doubt it's the Yanks this time. BUT there has to be some common co-ordinating influence,

My guess - Bin Laden, he would do anything to disrupt the Western economies & having been ousted by his own would not be adverse to revenge on anyone associated with them.

Creating havoc in the Middle East, IMHO is an easy way of achieving his goal & escalating global Oil prices. He has no concience as to who gets hurt in the process.

If the trouble gripping middle east moves towards Saudi with there oil reserves etc I fear we may be in for big fuel price rises so If anybody has the number of local farmer or Irish traveller who can get me a tanker of red diesel to put in garden I would very much appreciate it

Antony,

How two faced can anyone be? on another thread you are going on about welfare benefit cheats, and here you are saying that you would quite willingly buy bent diesel off a farmer or an Irish traveller, if the diesel is bought from a traveller you could more or less say it was stolen goods, are you into buying gear off the back of a lorry? your gall amazes me.

Even without a smiley, I took the original post as humerous and not serious.

I often joke about wishing I had a diesel tanker secreted in my back garden, but I wouldn't dream of actually having one there !

..... unless someone has the number of one going cheap of course :-D

Guest pelmetman

Can heating oil be used in diesel vehicles (?)

There has been a rise in oil thefts around here, one old dear in our village has had 900 litres knicked the day after it was filled 8-)

Watching all the new,s through out the Middle east,  its a bit of a worry just for the Stability of Oil Prices / Supplies, might seem a bit Crass when people are losing their lives but there is nothing we can do about that,  I along with Thousands of other troops served in Aden  many many lives were lost Defending a British Interest there,to this day I know what not that Interest was,  ,we have a ferry booked for 1st May to enable us to spend a Month in France just touring around,and I wouldnt like to be over there if Fuel supplies became an issue,  People speculate who is behind it all, IMO its "Education", the younger Populous are better educated than their Parents, and want a better standard of living , Jobs, Liberty and freedom of Choice  plus the wealth of their county never gets spent to the benefit of the People, One can only hope the People get a better deal this time and Peace prevails.

Concerned about the oil prices, yes, but my son and daughter-in-law live in the Middle East - it may be Dubai but I heard last night that my son has received hate mail due to business links by his company with Libya and his contact details still listed as being the company's contact in that country. :-( >:-(

If the trouble gripping middle east moves towards Saudi with there oil reserves etc I fear we may be in for big fuel price rises.....

Forget Saudi.

It's already happening in Libya where Tony spent much time backslapping with Gaddafi to get some oil. But it will carry on rising anyway as Cameron refuses to reduce fuel duty.

Guest pelmetman

Have to disagree with you there Antony :D

I reckon starting an illegal war tops the list, but there again Labours list of cock ups is ...very.... very... long, so we are some what spoilt for choice*-)

pelmetman - 2011-02-23 5:34 PM

Have to disagree with you there Antony :D

I reckon starting an illegal war tops the list, but there again Labours list of cock ups is ...very.... very... long, so we are some what spoilt for choice*-)

Although of course, the Scottish government would be very annoyed if they heard you saying that that bloke was released by Gordon. They claim the credit for that.

;-)

pelmetman - 2011-02-23 3:05 PM

So where is this fuel stabiliser policy? he spouted of about so much.

Conveniently forgotton as they rake in the extra dosh *-)

Talking to an elderly couple in the filling station this morning, they have a VW campervan and they said they are being priced out of the camping scene, what a shame.

I think you will find that the supplying states will do their best to peg the price of oil fairly quickly. If it remains high for too long they are well aware that the Yanks may start converting to more fuel efficient cars and that is one thing they do not want. They are all to aware that if this starts to happen and becomes a trend there will probably be no way of reversing it.

flicka - 2011-02-22 10:58 PM

I doubt it's the Yanks this time. BUT there has to be some common co-ordinating influence,

Not necessarily, John. No-one "co-ordinated" the fall of Communism, it was just a "domino" effect - once one lot of oppressed people threw off their dictators, others saw it could be done and joined in. Same thing now in N Africa & Mid East, IMHO.

LordThornber - 2011-02-28 5:14 PM

Just top up, (no pun intended) the oil sector in your portfolio, you may as well profit out of it as well as them.

Martyn

I'll bear that in mind Martyn, next time I have a "portfolio." Unfortunately I'm one of the "great unwashed" whose only interest in fuel is what it costs me, and whose only interest in interest rates is what my Credit Card costs me!

Archived