Cross member

Linda Quinn

We are the owners of a Niessman+Biscoff Arto year 1999. The front cross member supporting the radiator need replacing due to rust. The problem I am having is Fiat ireland are unable to match the chassis no with the part required. Correspondence with Travel World Uk has gone unanswered. I am hoping somebody out there has replaced one on an Arto and may have the part no or any advise would be most welcome. *-)

I'm surprised that Fiat can't find the part number.

They should be able to locate it via your VIN number on their ePER system.

Having said that, I still haven't found a hit using the on-line system on the FIAT forum, but they should know from experience which category they're looking in, and I don't. :-S

AFAIK, (but I'm not an expert) the crossmember was a standard part across the range, and unless it has been modified by N&B you should be able to pick one up generically.

Rich has posted a couple of links - they also often appear on eBAY, for example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-DUCATO-1994-2002-FRONT-LOWER-CROSS-MEMBER-NEW-/190414839316?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c559bde14

I'll do a bit more searching on ePER and see if I can find a number.

Hello Linda,

I don't understand where the confusion has arisen. There is only one cross member listed, and it's part number has only changed once in 1995 so yours is definitely going to be the late one and it is called 'crossrail' and it is about £135 plus vat in the uk part number 1318067080

Incidentally, in the unlikely event that you find a good second hand one, it will fit if it came from a 1994 to 2002 vehicle because all engines used the same one.

The only proviso is if your coachbuilder used any kind of modified cross member but that is very unlikely.

Nick

Before the cross member is fitted you need to do some work on it.

1) Drill new drain holes in the bottom as the Fiat hole is totally useless.

2) Paint it properly with undercoat and top coat and underseal once fitted.

Then it is fit and forget. Mine needs doing as well. 8-)

euroserv - 2011-02-23 1:24 PM

Robinhood - 2011-02-23 12:12 PM

Just beat me to it Nick, as I found it under the "radiator" category.

I can't be doing too bad, as I was about to post the same number as yourself. :-)

Sorry mate, I will give you a little longer next time.

Nick

nah!.......even if I thought I was right, I'd rather have it confirmed by someone who knew. :->

Guest Tracker
nowtelse2do - 2011-02-23 6:40 PM

I thought Linda was talking about Judgemental and Tracker.  :D :D

Dave

Not quite Dave - Eddie maybe a cross member but I am merely being entertained - it's fun and hilarious at times - but you can go sit on the naughty step for daring to go off topic!

Archived